Docstring for template based classes

Denis Rouzaud
Hi,

I am getting syntax error when documenting template based classes such as in:

typedef QList<QgsGradientStop> QgsGradientStopsList;
%Docstring
List of gradient stops
%End

Any idea why?

Cheers,
Denis

Re: Docstring for template based classes

Denis Rouzaud

I undertand that one cannot comment typedef.
But would there be a way to modify the Docstring generated for the template based resulting class?

Le ven. 12 janv. 2018 à 21:39, Denis Rouzaud <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi,

I am getting syntax error when documenting template based classes such as in:

typedef QList<QgsGradientStop> QgsGradientStopsList;
%Docstring
List of gradient stops
%End

Any idea why?

Cheers,
Denis

Re: Docstring for template based classes

Denis Rouzaud
Hi Phil

Le dim. 14 janv. 2018 à 11:39, Phil Thompson <[hidden email]> a écrit :
On 13 Jan 2018, at 12:47 pm, Denis Rouzaud <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I undertand that one cannot comment typedef.
> But would there be a way to modify the Docstring generated for the template based resulting class?

What resulting class? This is just a list.

Sorry, yes the intention is to document this actually:

typedef QgsTemporalRange< QDateTime > QgsDateTimeRange;

It gets the documentation of the template class QgsTemporalRange while I'd like to provide my own (since we have several uses of  QgsTemporalRange)

Cheers,

Denis

Re: Docstring for template based classes

Phil Thompson-5
On 15 Jan 2018, at 12:30 pm, Denis Rouzaud <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Phil
>
> Le dim. 14 janv. 2018 à 11:39, Phil Thompson <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> On 13 Jan 2018, at 12:47 pm, Denis Rouzaud <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > I undertand that one cannot comment typedef.
> > But would there be a way to modify the Docstring generated for the template based resulting class?
>
> What resulting class? This is just a list.
>

> Sorry, yes the intention is to document this actually:
>
> typedef QgsTemporalRange< QDateTime > QgsDateTimeRange;
>
> It gets the documentation of the template class QgsTemporalRange while I'd like to provide my own (since we have several uses of  QgsTemporalRange)

Try tonight's snapshot or current hg.

Phil