Documentation Discrepancy

Dennis Jensen

I was reading through this online documentation and encountered what appears to be an oversight

https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/PyQt5/signals_slots.html

This page reference PyQt5 example code but in the code it is using the PyQt4 version of the print command as follows:

print "trigger signal received"

Where the command should appear as follows:

print("trigger signal received")

If it were an actual PyQt5 version of the print command.  I bring this up mainly because I am not wondering if any of the rest of the example code on this page is also old PyQt4 code instead of the current PyQt5 or was this one statement the only oversight?

Re: Documentation Discrepancy

Kyle Altendorf
Afaik PyQt5 is still py2 compatible?  And PyQt4 is py3 compatible?  The four and five relate to the underlying Qt version not the Python version.

Cheers,
-kyle