Quantcast

Does Python libexpat and EXPAT

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Does Python libexpat and EXPAT

hari-20
Hi all,

Am very new to XML, I have a query, Does  Python libexpat and EXPAT
are same or they are diffrent?


Thanks in advance.


Regards,
Hari


_______________________________________________
XML-SIG maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/xml-sig
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Does Python libexpat and EXPAT

Stefan Behnel-3
Hi,

copying my answer from comp.lang.python:

hari wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Am very new to XML, I have a query, Does  Python libexpat and EXPAT
> are same or they are diffrent?

Depends on what you mean with "EXPAT". Python's expat module that you can
find in the standard library is the well known non-validating XML parser
originally written by James Clark.

BTW, if you are new to XML and want to use it in Python, you might want to
start with the xml.etree package.

Stefan

_______________________________________________
XML-SIG maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/xml-sig
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Does Python libexpat and EXPAT

hari-20
Hi ,
Thanks, now I want to know is whether Expat is used as the base for
developing Python libexpat. Sorry to keep on asking questions.

-Hari

On Aug 21, 2:37 am, Stefan Behnel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> copying my answer from comp.lang.python:
>
> hari wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > Am very new to XML, I have a query, Does  Python libexpat and EXPAT
> > are same or they are diffrent?
>
> Depends on what you mean with "EXPAT". Python's expat module that you can
> find in the standard library is the well known non-validating XML parser
> originally written by James Clark.
>
> BTW, if you are new to XML and want to use it in Python, you might want to
> start with the xml.etree package.
>
> Stefan
>
> _______________________________________________
> XML-SIG maillist  -  [hidden email]://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/xml-sig
_______________________________________________
XML-SIG maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/xml-sig
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Does Python libexpat and EXPAT

Stefan Behnel-3
Hi,

please don't top-post.

hari wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2:37 am, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>> hari wrote:
>>> Am very new to XML, I have a query, Does  Python libexpat and EXPAT
>>> are same or they are diffrent?
>> Depends on what you mean with "EXPAT". Python's expat module that you can
>> find in the standard library is the well known non-validating XML parser
>> originally written by James Clark.
>>
>> BTW, if you are new to XML and want to use it in Python, you might want to
>> start with the xml.etree package.
>
> Thanks, now I want to know is whether Expat is used as the base for
> developing Python libexpat.

That's what I said above: the Python module is based on the expat parser.

Note that the xml.etree package also uses the expat parser, but that's only
one of the reasons why it's so fast.

Stefan
_______________________________________________
XML-SIG maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/xml-sig
Loading...