ERROR: The included URLConf 'website.urls' does not appear to have patterns in it. If u see valid patterns in the file then there is issue of Circular import.

ERROR: The included URLConf 'website.urls' does not appear to have patterns in it. If u see valid patterns in the file then there is issue of Circular import.

Madhur Kabra
I am getting the url conf error, I  have attached the relevant files.
Thanks for the assistance

urls.py (828 bytes) Download Attachment
urls.py (123 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: ERROR: The included URLConf 'website.urls' does not appear to have patterns in it. If u see valid patterns in the file then there is issue of Circular import.

Dimple Mathew-2
Hey update the code to this:
urlpatterns = [
    url('^$', views.index, name=index),
]
this will tell the start and end of url.

On Monday, May 27, 2019 at 8:17:47 PM UTC+5:30, Madhur Kabra wrote:
I am getting the url conf error, I  have attached the relevant files.
Thanks for the assistance

Re: ERROR: The included URLConf 'website.urls' does not appear to have patterns in it. If u see valid patterns in the file then there is issue of Circular import.

Dimple Mathew-2
and also in import for include change it to
from django.conf.urls import url,include

On Monday, May 27, 2019 at 8:17:47 PM UTC+5:30, Madhur Kabra wrote:
I am getting the url conf error, I  have attached the relevant files.
Thanks for the assistance

Re: ERROR: The included URLConf 'website.urls' does not appear to have patterns in it. If u see valid patterns in the file then there is issue of Circular import.

rajan khadka
in this
from django.urls import URLPattern, url
from . import views

urlpatterns = [
    url('', views.index, name=index),
]
can u replace with this
from django.urls import path
from . import views

urlpatterns = [
    path('', views.index, name=index),
]

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 8:32 PM Madhur Kabra <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am getting the url conf error, I  have attached the relevant files.
Thanks for the assistance

Re: ERROR: The included URLConf 'website.urls' does not appear to have patterns in it. If u see valid patterns in the file then there is issue of Circular import.

Adam Johnson-2
Hi!

I think you've found the wrong mailing list for this post. This mailing list is for the development of Django itself, not for support using Django. This means the discussions of bugs and features in Django itself, rather than in your code using it. People on this list are unlikely to answer your support query with their limited time and energy. Read more on the mailing lists at https://www.djangoproject.com/community/

For support, please use the django-users mailing list, or IRC #django on Freenode, or a site like Stack Overflow. There are people out there willing to help on those channels, but they might not respond if you don't ask your question well. Stack Overflow's question guide can help you frame it well: https://stackoverflow.com/help/how-to-ask . As for your question, I searched the internet for "python circular imports" and the top result from Stack Overflow should help with the error you're seeing: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=python+circular+import&ia=web

Also if you haven't read it, please take a look at Django's Code of Conduct: https://www.djangoproject.com/conduct/ . These are our "ground rules" for working well as a community, and will help you get the most out of Django and our fantastic community.

Thanks for your understanding,

Adam

On Mon, 27 May 2019 at 15:44, Madhur Kabra <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am getting the url conf error, I  have attached the relevant files.
Thanks for the assistance

Adam

Re: ERROR: The included URLConf 'website.urls' does not appear to have patterns in it. If u see valid patterns in the file then there is issue of Circular import.

Tom Forbes
As Adam states before, in the first reply to your original message, this mailing list is for the internal development of Django and not for getting help with your Django projects.

There are numerous other places to ask, check his email for a few, and a lot of people (myself included) willing to help you there.

Tom