Quantcast

Efficient conversion from Single Array to ndarray

Efficient conversion from Single Array to ndarray

tomobbe
Hi,

I have recently started using Python for .Net to access a proprietory I/O library that has no Python bindings. This library gives access to scientific datasets similar to NetCDF, but in an unpublished format. I need to do some heavy post-processing on these datasets and I have little experience in programming .Net therefore my plan is to use Python, Numpy, pytables, etc. I have a working prototype of my code already, but the only way I have managed to convert from Single[] Arrays to ndarray is to loop through the whole data in Python - this is quite slow. So is there a more efficient to convert from one to the other?

Regards,
James