Eric user guide??

dboland9
Eric has a lot of menu items with a lot of choices each - a little intimidating. A user guide would be very helpful if anyone has one for Eric 6.

Also, when I run a script do I get a dialog asking me the interpreter (and other things) when the terminal display says:
Python 3.6.7 (default, Oct 22 2018, 11:32:17)
[GCC 8.2.0] on emperor-computer, Standard

I'm looking for a good Python IDE that is out of the way - works as one would expect, asks no unnecessary questions, shows only what is needed, and has good debugging. Eric 6 is not out of the way so far.

Dave

Re: Eric user guide??

Maurizio Berti
Il giorno ven 1 mar 2019 alle ore 16:08 <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Eric has a lot of menu items with a lot of choices each - a little intimidating. A user guide would be very helpful if anyone has one for Eric 6.

I find eric menus are self-explainatory enough, with some exceptions only related to my knowledge of programming; somebody used to say "if an UI needs a manual, it's not good enough"... ;-)

Also, when I run a script do I get a dialog asking me the interpreter (and other things) when the terminal display says:
Python 3.6.7 (default, Oct 22 2018, 11:32:17)
[GCC 8.2.0] on emperor-computer, Standard

I'm not sure I'm following you here. What is the question?

Maurizio

Re: Eric user guide??

Christos Sevastiadis
Dave,

In page https://eric-ide.python-projects.org/eric-documentation.html there is the documentation of Eric in PDF format. It is little bit outdated, but it is a good introduction to Eric IDE. My experience is that somebody has to be experienced already in Python to understand intuitively the Eric's IDE.

Christos