Error instaling PyXML on Ubuntu 9.10

Humberto Yances
Hi everybody!

I'm trying to install PyXML 0.8.4 on Ubuntu 9.10; but the following error message appear:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/393468/

I've installed python-dev and try with python2.4; 2.5 and 2.6 and the error remain.

Please ¿Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Humberto Yances

Re: Error instaling PyXML on Ubuntu 9.10

Stefan Behnel-3
Humberto Yances, 11.03.2010 20:13:
> I'm trying to install PyXML 0.8.4 on Ubuntu 9.10

Why would you want to do that? PyXML has been unmaintained for years.

What are you trying to do with it?

Stefan

Re: Error instaling PyXML on Ubuntu 9.10

Stefan Behnel-3
Humberto Yances, 11.03.2010 21:21:
> El jue, 11-03-2010 a las 21:15 +0100, Stefan Behnel escribió:
>> Humberto Yances, 11.03.2010 20:13:
>>> I'm trying to install PyXML 0.8.4 on Ubuntu 9.10
>>
>> Why would you want to do that? PyXML has been unmaintained for years.
>>
>> What are you trying to do with it?
 >
 > It is needed for OpenERP-Server.  For Ubuntu the package was python-xml;
 > but no longer exist, so I must download and compile it.

No, you don't. According to the relevant bug reports in he Ubuntu bug
tracker, the OpenERP package has recently been fixed to work without PyXML,
so use a recent release instead.

Oh, and please keep discussions on-list and avoid top-posting.

Stefan