Error msg running Tcl demos for Tix 8.4.3 ("Can't find package Tix")

Error msg running Tcl demos for Tix 8.4.3 ("Can't find package Tix")

jasonveldicott@gmail.com
Hi,

I am trying to run the (Tcl) Tix 8.4.3 demos which reside in <python>/tcl/tix8.4.3/demos.

But running the main demo file, "widget", using the following command in the wish85 shell:
wish C:/Python26/tcl/tix8.4.3/demos/widget

produces this error message:

"Can't find package Tix while executing "package require Tix"

In an attempt to resolve the problem I added the Tix folder to the path, and also the Tix dll and lib files to the respective folders in python (DDLs and libs).  I also tried copying the demo files into the Tix folder.

Nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jason