EuroPython 2021 will be run online

M.-A. Lemburg-3
In the last few weeks, we had a close look at the how the situation
around COVID-19 is panning out. Unfortunately, things are not moving in
a direction where we’d feel confident to hold next year’s conference as
an in-person event in Dublin.

EuroPython 2022 in Dublin
-------------------------

After discussion with the venue, we decided to postpone the in-person
conference for another year, to July 11-17 2022 in Dublin, Ireland. We
are currently finalizing the details.

Since going online has proven to work well, we also want to keep the
momentum for EuroPython 2022 and are planning to run the event in a
hybrid version, where both speakers and attendees can optionally join
online.

EuroPython 2021 Online
----------------------

Given the experience with running EuroPython 2020 online this year, we
are sure that EuroPython 2021 will be a success as well.

We will take the experience we’ve gained from this year’s event to
improve the online version next year, simplify some aspects, reactivate
finaid and enable joining it in smaller groups to create a distributed
experience.

We’re still collecting ideas, so if you have any suggestions, we’d love
to hear them. Please write to [hidden email].

Help spread the word

Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social
networks as widely as possible. Thank you !

Link to the blog post:

https://blog.europython.eu/post/632055258029473792/europython-2021-will-be-run-online

Tweet:

https://twitter.com/europython/status/1316759678118961152