gagsl-py3
Hello

I've noticed that the Python FAQ is somewhat old and
mostly unmaintained. I would like to volunteer as a
maintainer, but strangely I can't find the FAQ itself
in the documentation package; moreover, I can't find
it *anywhere* in the svn tree...
How can I help to maintain the FAQ? And where *IS* it?

--
Gabriel Genellina

      Yahoo! Encuentros.

Ahora encontrar pareja es mucho más fácil, probá el nuevo Yahoo! Encuentros http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration

Re: FAQ

Skip Montanaro-3

    Gabriel> I've noticed that the Python FAQ is somewhat old and mostly
    Gabriel> unmaintained. I would like to volunteer as a maintainer, but
    Gabriel> strangely I can't find the FAQ itself in the documentation
    Gabriel> package; moreover, I can't find it *anywhere* in the svn
    Gabriel> tree...  How can I help to maintain the FAQ? And where *IS* it?

Gabriel,

It is in the website svn repo.  Here's the repo url:

    svn+ssh://[hidden email]/trunk/beta.python.org

Within that it's down this rabbit hole:

    % ls build/data/doc/faq/
    content.ht     extending      gui            it             programming
    es             general        installed      library        windows

I can never remember how to find it by browsing <http://svn.python.org/>.
Good thing I already have it checked out. ;-)

Skip

Re: FAQ

gagsl-py3
--- [hidden email] escribió:

>     Gabriel> I've noticed that the Python FAQ is
> somewhat old and mostly
>     Gabriel> unmaintained. I would like to volunteer
> as a maintainer, but
>     Gabriel> strangely I can't find the FAQ itself
> in the documentation
>     Gabriel> package; moreover, I can't find it
> *anywhere* in the svn
>     Gabriel> tree...  How can I help to maintain the
> FAQ? And where *IS* it?
>
> Gabriel,
>
> It is in the website svn repo.  Here's the repo url:

svn+ssh://[hidden email]/trunk/beta.python.org

> I can never remember how to find it by browsing
> <http://svn.python.org/>.
> Good thing I already have it checked out. ;-)

Ah, thanks! Looks like the browser interface is at:
<https://svn.python.org/www/trunk/beta.python.org/build/data/doc/faq/>

But I would never have found it there. I'd think the
FAQ would have been located on the same tree as the
main Python documentation, not buried inside the
website contents...