FM Index implementation in python

Abhishek Pratap
Hey Guys

Could you tell me if there is any generic FM Index algo implementation in Python. I am looking to get the code if it is available in open source and use it for string matching in large datasets.

Thanks!
-Abhi

Re: FM Index implementation in python

Aahz
On Wed, Oct 12, 2011, Abhishek Pratap wrote:

> Could you tell me if there is any generic FM Index algo implementation in
> Python. I am looking to get the code if it is available in open source and
> use it for string matching in large datasets.

For those of us who haven't memorized every single TLA, what is "FM"?
--
Aahz ([hidden email])           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

until you hire an amateur."  --Red Adair

Re: FM Index implementation in python

David Berthelot-2
FM = Ferragina-Manzini
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FM-index

Allows string queries in a compressed file without uncompressing it all from what I understand.

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Aahz <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 12, 2011, Abhishek Pratap wrote:

> Could you tell me if there is any generic FM Index algo implementation in
> Python. I am looking to get the code if it is available in open source and
> use it for string matching in large datasets.

For those of us who haven't memorized every single TLA, what is "FM"?
--
Aahz ([hidden email])           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

until you hire an amateur."  --Red Adair

Re: FM Index implementation in python

Abhishek Pratap
Exactly what David said. I should have provided more info in the first place. My Bad.

-Abhi