FW: how to debug pthon script in IronPython

FW: how to debug pthon script in IronPython

Chen, Tom Li Hong

Hey,

    There is a module which is not a built_in module and its name is pdb.py in CPython. Make using of this module, CPython can debug python script. It support step into and step over debug for python script. Now I want to import this module into IronPython to debug python script. I copy python24/lib folder which include many scripts to work directory of IronPython. So In IronPython I can import pdb script (module) through command: import pdb. But I can’t debug python script with pdb module in IronPython. I am eager to how to debug python script in IronPython!  What can I do? Please give me some advice.

Re: FW: how to debug pthon script in IronPython

Martin Maly

There is overview of how to debug python scripts in IronPython in the tutorial (Tutorial 4). That should get you started.

The short answer is that all you need is launch IronPythonConsole with your script as the command line parameter under debugger and put breakpoint into your script. The tutorial will go into more details.

Hope this helps

Martin