[FYI] Pypi Connector importing packages to Jython on XWiki platform - released

[FYI] Pypi Connector importing packages to Jython on XWiki platform - released

Krzysiek Płachno
Hey!

Thanks again for you help and answers to my questions.
I've just released the extension for XWiki that I was working for.

XWiki has possibility to scirpt on its pages in Python. Under the hood it's Java Scripting API and Jython that takes care of running this script and returning result to page. Jython has implementation only for standard libraries. That's why I created Extension Repository Connector - Pypi - to be able to import to XWiki other (non-standard) python packages that are hosted on pypi: https://pypi.python.org/pypi. All this on running XWiki instance (without need to restart) - downloaded packages are simply made available for Java classloader.

about XWiki:

Best,
Krzysztof