Fancy icon for ipython.exe

Robert Vanden Eynde
Currently on windows the ipython.exe and ipython3.exe do not have a special icon, they have the python launcher icon, which is itself very close to the IDLE icon.

Beginners like to have shortcuts in the Windows bar and are confused if different programs have the same icon.

I imagine a simple icon of a console (like cmd) with a python icon on it. One could also use the IPython logo but this one is lacking the python snake. I imagine it to be like the python logo but with a small difference, to be like "INTERACTIVE python", or "ENHANCED python terminal".

Re: Fancy icon for ipython.exe

Thomas Kluyver-2
Hi Robert,

The exe is auto-generated by pip, so we can't set the icon.

Best wishes,
Thomas