Fullscreen application

Prash-4
Peeps,

I've read a few posts on fullscreen but have not managed to get
fullscreen (I really mean fullscreen and not just maximize). It should
cover every bit of the screen. I'm writing an app which will work like
a logon screen. I'm running KDE in a kiosk like mode and have disabled
short cuts etc.
 How do i get it to start full screen? If I use maximize() on a
gtk::window object it maximizes but does not go fullscreen.  Here's my
code:

import pygtk
import gtk
import gtk.glade

class MyUI:
  def __init__(self):
     gladefile = "ui/myui.glade"
     windowname = "mywindow"
     self.wTree = gtk.glade.XML(gladefile,windowname)
     self.win = self.wTree.get_widget("mywindow")
     self.win.maximize()
kui = MyUI()
gtk.main()

Thanks
Prash

Re: Fullscreen application

Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 21:00 +0100, Prash wrote:
> Peeps,
>
> I've read a few posts on fullscreen but have not managed to get
> fullscreen (I really mean fullscreen and not just maximize). It should
> cover every bit of the screen. I'm writing an app which will work like
> a logon screen. I'm running KDE in a kiosk like mode and have disabled
> short cuts etc.
>  How do i get it to start full screen? If I use maximize() on a
> gtk::window object it maximizes but does not go fullscreen.

  gtk.Window.fullscreen()

  It really can't get any more obvious than that.. :-)

>   Here's my
> code:
>
> import pygtk
> import gtk
> import gtk.glade
>
> class MyUI:
>   def __init__(self):
>      gladefile = "ui/myui.glade"
>      windowname = "mywindow"
>      self.wTree = gtk.glade.XML(gladefile,windowname)
>      self.win = self.wTree.get_widget("mywindow")
>      self.win.maximize()
> kui = MyUI()
> gtk.main()
>

> Thanks
> Prash
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
<[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>
The universe is always one step beyond logic

Re: Fullscreen application

Prash-4
Worked a treat. Cheers guys.