Fw: MIME objects

Barry Warsaw
My colleague Robert Collins sent me this and asked that I forward it to the
email-sig for discussion.

-Barry

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 17:20:00 +1100
From: Robert Collins <[hidden email]>
To: Barry Warsaw <[hidden email]>
Subject: MIME objects

I wanted to use MIME in selftest machinery, but the stdlib stuff was
uhm, missing.

So I wrote one; its working  well  - perhaps you could include it in the
stdlib?

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~testtools-dev/testtools/trunk/annotate/head
%3A/testtools/content_type.py
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~testtools-dev/testtools/trunk/annotate/head
%3A/testtools/content.py

(branch testtools, read the README + pydoc, look at tests.

Features:
 - 2 and 3 clean
 - understands byte serialisation vs string representation
 - streaming interface: does not require or imply buffering
 - common case use is trivial (define one lambda: [value]).

Cheers,
Rob

Your options: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/email-sig/lists%40nabble.com

email6 project funding and GSoC

R. David Murray
The PSF gave me seed funding for the email6 work, which allowed me to
get the project started.  They offered "fiscal sponsorship' so that I
could seek additional funding for the reminder of the project.  However,
email6 is going to be a pilot project for the fiscal sponsorship setup,
and getting all the lawerly ducks in a row is taking time.  So while I
am able to spend some further time on the project now, it isn't nearly
as much as I'd hoped to be spending.

It occurred to me that one way to get further work done on the project
might be to leverage the time I do have available by using it to mentor
a GSoC student in doing some of the work.  I therefore proposed email6
as a GSoC project [1].  A student who expressed interest has put in
what I hope is a pretty solid proposal (with some guidance from me as
to scope and deliverables).  He understands, of course, that there's
no guarantee his work will end up in the code base, though we both
have high hopes that it will.

His name is Shashwat Anand (irc/tracker nick l0nwlf), and I expect he
has either already signed up to this list or will soon.  He started
engaging with the python-dev community through the Python bug tracker
before he decided to submit a proposal for email6, and has submitted
some issue reviews and small patches.  He is very enthusiastic, and has
indicated he'd like to help with email6 development whether or not his
GSoC proposal is accepted.

--
R. David Murray                                      www.bitdance.com

[1] http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/email6
Your options: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/email-sig/lists%40nabble.com

Re: email6 project funding and GSoC

Shashwat Anand
Hi,

I am Shashwat Anand, a 3rd year undergraduate student doing Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology and am interested in pursuing some of the 'email6' work i.e. parser and MIME handling support. I have submitted a GSoC proposal regarding this [1].

Happy to be on board and open to feedback from everyone.

Thanks,
~l0nwlf

On Apr 11, 2010, at 01:36 AM, Shashwat Anand wrote:

>I am Shashwat Anand, a 3rd year undergraduate student doing Bachelor of
>Technology in Information Technology and am interested in pursuing some of
>the 'email6' work i.e. parser and MIME handling support. I have submitted a
>GSoC proposal regarding this [1].
>
>Happy to be on board and open to feedback from everyone.

Welcome to the group Shashwat!
-Barry

Your options: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/email-sig/lists%40nabble.com

Re: email6 project funding and GSoC

Shashwat Anand
I got selected in Google Summer of Code officially: http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_project/show/google/gsoc2010/python/t127230762819

I will start the work after I finish with my end-semester exams which will be over by 20th May. Looking forward for your guidance. I thanks PSF and Google for giving me this great opportunity and David for volunteering to mentor me.

Regards,
~l0nwlf

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 2:26 AM, Barry Warsaw <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Apr 11, 2010, at 01:36 AM, Shashwat Anand wrote:

>I am Shashwat Anand, a 3rd year undergraduate student doing Bachelor of
>Technology in Information Technology and am interested in pursuing some of
>the 'email6' work i.e. parser and MIME handling support. I have submitted a
>GSoC proposal regarding this [1].
>
>Happy to be on board and open to feedback from everyone.

Welcome to the group Shashwat!
-Barry

Your options: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/email-sig/lists%40nabble.com

Re: email6 project funding and GSoC

Senthil Kumaran-6
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 06:18:39AM +0530, Shashwat Anand wrote:
>  I will start the work after I finish with my end-semester exams which will be
> over by 20th May. Looking forward for your guidance. I thanks PSF and Google

Congratulations, Shashwat. Looking forward to more email issues
closure on tracker.

--
Senthil
Your options: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/email-sig/lists%40nabble.com

Re: email6 project funding and GSoC

Shashwat Anand
Thanks. I won't disappoint you :)

On Apr 26, 2010, at 8:48 PM, Shashwat Anand wrote:

> I got selected in Google Summer of Code officially:
> http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_project/show/google/gsoc2010/python/t127230762819
>
> <http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_project/show/google/gsoc2010/python/t127230762819>I
> will start the work after I finish with my end-semester exams which will be
> over by 20th May. Looking forward for your guidance. I thanks PSF and Google
> for giving me this great opportunity and David for volunteering to mentor
> me.

Great news!
-Barry

Your options: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/email-sig/lists%40nabble.com