Fwd: Pearson UG Special: "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map

Fwd: Pearson UG Special: "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map

Tony Cappellini-3

At the link below, there is a Download button which points to a PDF quick reference sheet for migrating to Python 3.

FOR YOUR MEMBERS: Please send your members this link where they can download the map, as well as enter an exclusive User Group contest for the chance to win one of five “Python prize packs”.

http://www.informit.com/promotions/promotion.aspx?promo=137495

"Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map or similar

Stephen McInerney

Did anyone ever download this Pearson "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map PDF
(promo is no longer available)
or can you recommend any similar quick reference online?

Stephen

Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:26:12 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [Baypiggies] Fwd: Pearson UG Special: "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map

At the link below, there is a Download button which points to a PDF quick reference sheet for migrating to Python 3.

FOR YOUR MEMBERS: Please send your members this link where they can download the map, as well as enter an exclusive User Group contest for the chance to win one of five “Python prize packs”.

http://www.informit.com/promotions/promotion.aspx?promo=137495

Re: "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map or similar

wesley chun
http://tinyurl.com/29xdp69

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Stephen McInerney
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Did anyone ever download this Pearson "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map PDF
> (promo is no longer available) or can you recommend any similar quick reference online?
>
> Stephen
>
> ________________________________
> Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:26:12 -0800
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Baypiggies] Fwd: Pearson UG Special: "Moving From Python 2 to
> Python 3" Map
>
> At the link below, there is a Download button which points to a PDF quick
> reference sheet for migrating to Python 3.
>
> FOR YOUR MEMBERS: Please send your members this link where they can download
> the map, as well as enter an exclusive User Group contest for the chance to
> win one of five “Python prize packs”.
>
> http://www.informit.com/promotions/promotion.aspx?promo=137495

"Python Web Development with Django", Addison Wesley, (c) 2009
    http://withdjango.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
http://cyberwebconsulting.com

Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:26:12 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

At the link below, there is a Download button which points to a PDF quick reference sheet for migrating to Python 3.

FOR YOUR MEMBERS: Please send your members this link where they can download the map, as well as enter an exclusive User Group contest for the chance to win one of five “Python prize packs”.

http://www.informit.com/promotions/promotion.aspx?promo=137495

Re: "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map or similar

Tony Cappellini
On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 6:12 PM, wesley chun <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/29xdp69

Shouldn't a reference like this be posted on Python.org - in neon?

Re: "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map or similar

Stephen McInerney
Wes, there's no need for a content-free post like that.
Before I posted my question, I had in fact already googled it, and the PDF
reference that the Pearson promo had offered is not available, and
references to the dude's book (as opposed to the quick reference) are not
available. Hence my question.
I was going to say all that in my email, but I thought it went without saying
so I deleted that comment.
In future you can safely assume that any question I ask I have already
googled on it and not found the result.
In fact, if you did in fact google it, you would find a ton of (now-useless)
archived references of Tony's original email.

So: does anyone else have a short reference on this topic? Not a whole book,
just a quick-reference.

Thanks,
Stephen

> Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 18:12:14 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Baypiggies] "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map or similar
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> CC: [hidden email]
>
> http://tinyurl.com/29xdp69
>

> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Stephen McInerney
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Did anyone ever download this Pearson "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map PDF
> > (promo is no longer available) or can you recommend any similar quick reference online?
> >
> > Stephen
> >
> > ________________________________
> > Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:26:12 -0800
> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: [Baypiggies] Fwd: Pearson UG Special: "Moving From Python 2 to
> > Python 3" Map
> >
> > At the link below, there is a Download button which points to a PDF quick
> > reference sheet for migrating to Python 3.
> >
> > FOR YOUR MEMBERS: Please send your members this link where they can download
> > the map, as well as enter an exclusive User Group contest for the chance to
> > win one of five “Python prize packs”.
> >
> > http://www.informit.com/promotions/promotion.aspx?promo=137495
>

> --
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> "Python Web Development with Django", Addison Wesley, (c) 2009
> http://withdjango.com
>
> wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
> python training and technical consulting
> cyberweb.consulting : silicon valley, ca
> http://cyberwebconsulting.com

Re: "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map or similar

Stephen McInerney

As a follow-up, if you google for
pearson UG "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" you indeed get garbage results
as opposed to plain old
"Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" which does give good results.

Why Google gives junk results when I supply a *more* accurate query, is not my business.

> Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 18:12:14 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Baypiggies] "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map or similar
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> CC: [hidden email]
>
> http://tinyurl.com/29xdp69
>

> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Stephen McInerney
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Did anyone ever download this Pearson "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map PDF
> > (promo is no longer available) or can you recommend any similar quick reference online?
> >
> > Stephen
> >
> > ________________________________
> > Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:26:12 -0800
> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: [Baypiggies] Fwd: Pearson UG Special: "Moving From Python 2 to
> > Python 3" Map
> >
> > At the link below, there is a Download button which points to a PDF quick
> > reference sheet for migrating to Python 3.
> >
> > FOR YOUR MEMBERS: Please send your members this link where they can download
> > the map, as well as enter an exclusive User Group contest for the chance to
> > win one of five “Python prize packs”.
> >
> > http://www.informit.com/promotions/promotion.aspx?promo=137495
>

> --
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> "Python Web Development with Django", Addison Wesley, (c) 2009
> http://withdjango.com
>
> wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
> python training and technical consulting
> cyberweb.consulting : silicon valley, ca
> http://cyberwebconsulting.com

Re: "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map or similar

Dylan Reinhardt
Is this what you're looking for?

HTH

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 10:34 PM, Stephen McInerney <[hidden email]> wrote:
Wes, there's no need for a content-free post like that.
Before I posted my question, I had in fact already googled it, and the PDF
reference that the Pearson promo had offered is not available, and
references to the dude's book (as opposed to the quick reference) are not
available. Hence my question.
I was going to say all that in my email, but I thought it went without saying
so I deleted that comment.
In future you can safely assume that any question I ask I have already
googled on it and not found the result.
In fact, if you did in fact google it, you would find a ton of (now-useless)
archived references of Tony's original email.

So: does anyone else have a short reference on this topic? Not a whole book,
just a quick-reference.

Thanks,
Stephen

> Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 18:12:14 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Baypiggies] "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map or similar
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> CC: [hidden email]

> http://tinyurl.com/29xdp69
>

> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Stephen McInerney
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Did anyone ever download this Pearson "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map PDF
> > (promo is no longer available) or can you recommend any similar quick reference online?
> >
> > Stephen
> >
> > ________________________________
> > Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:26:12 -0800
> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: [Baypiggies] Fwd: Pearson UG Special: "Moving From Python 2 to
> > Python 3" Map
> >
> > At the link below, there is a Download button which points to a PDF quick
> > reference sheet for migrating to Python 3.
> >
> > FOR YOUR MEMBERS: Please send your members this link where they can download
> > the map, as well as enter an exclusive User Group contest for the chance to
> > win one of five “Python prize packs”.
> >
> > http://www.informit.com/promotions/promotion.aspx?promo=137495
>

> --
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> "Python Web Development with Django", Addison Wesley, (c) 2009
> http://withdjango.com
>
> wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
> python training and technical consulting
> cyberweb.consulting : silicon valley, ca
> http://cyberwebconsulting.com

Re: "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map or similar

Stephen McInerney
Thanks to the many who responded offline, I got this link.

Stephen

Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:22:59 -0700
Subject: Re: [Baypiggies] "Moving From Python 2 to Python 3" Map or similar
From: [hidden email]