Fwd: Python.NET activity

Barton
I thought the list might be interested in something that's going on over on the python-win32 list:

It seems that my favorite project is getting some attention...

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-win32/2011-March/011247.html

On 28/02/2011 09:40, Tim Golden wrote:
> Well, the last Svn commit was 4 weeks ago, by "barton_c", and Python27
> "support" (ie switches") were added 2 months ago. Looks like "Barton_C"
> needs to do some advertising. I'll see if I can contact him/her through
> sf.

Got this reply from Barton, who's not subscribed to this list:

"""
Using the current state of the art, I freely mix wxPython, MS Framework
2.0 (others are hooking to .NET 4.0) and ctypes in full GUI apps and
drivers.
The current challenge for me is getting the whole thing working
(together) on Ubuntu Maverick (10.10).
I have brought the PythonDotNet project up to python27 compatibility,
but have not published the binaries yet.

"""

TJG

Re: Fwd: Python.NET activity

Tribble, Brett

In other interesting/awesome Python news, the Python IDE stuff for Visual Studio 2010 that comes with the new version of IronPython has been split off into its own project.

http://pytools.codeplex.com/

I haven’t tried debugging pythonnet with it yet though.