Fwd: Re: Path in First App, Part 3

Kasper Laudrup
By the way, look at the tutorial and you will see that it is not written
the way you suggest for "path"<int:question_id>/",views.detail,
name='detail')

The polls index page for a particular questioon_id refers to 'detail.'

Another interesting thing is that I just tried all three pages. "votes"
worked the other two did not.  when I tried "votes" the second time, it
didn't work.  The message error was not helpful and I read it quite
carefully.  There is something else going on.

On 10/21/20 12:02 PM, Kasper Laudrup wrote:

> Hi rbar,
>
> On 21/10/2020 20.34, [hidden email] wrote:
>> The error message shows that there is a match.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> No, the error message shows you that there *isn't* a match:
>

>> The current path, polls/3/detail, didn't match any of these.
>>

> Maybe change:
>
> path('<int:question_id>/', views.detail, name='detail'),
>
> to:
>
> path('<int:question_id>/detail', views.detail, name='detail'),
>
> The error message is quite clear and helpful, you probably just didn't
> read it correctly. No worries, that can happen to all of us often
> enough :-)
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kasper Laudrup