Fwd: Re: Path in First App, Part 3

Kasper Laudrup
Actually, I tried "votes" one more time and it did work.

On 10/21/20 12:02 PM, Kasper Laudrup wrote:

> Hi rbar,
>
> On 21/10/2020 20.34, [hidden email] wrote:
>> The error message shows that there is a match.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> No, the error message shows you that there *isn't* a match:
>

>> The current path, polls/3/detail, didn't match any of these.
>>

> Maybe change:
>
> path('<int:question_id>/', views.detail, name='detail'),
>
> to:
>
> path('<int:question_id>/detail', views.detail, name='detail'),
>
> The error message is quite clear and helpful, you probably just didn't
> read it correctly. No worries, that can happen to all of us often
> enough :-)
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kasper Laudrup

/Ralph 3.0/

Re: Re: Path in First App, Part 3

rbar...@xcaretresearch.com
Now I am in the situation where "votes" works but "detail" and "results" does not work.  So weird.. Well, I just checked "votes" to make sure it works and it doesn't.  "index works and takes me to "detail" which, according to the tutorial, is what it supposed to do.  Does anybody know this code?

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 1:04:26 PM UTC-7 Kasper Laudrup wrote:
Actually, I tried "votes" one more time and it did work.

On 10/21/20 12:02 PM, Kasper Laudrup wrote:

> Hi rbar,
>
> On 21/10/2020 20.34, [hidden email] wrote:
>> The error message shows that there is a match.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> No, the error message shows you that there *isn't* a match:
>

>> The current path, polls/3/detail, didn't match any of these.
>>

> Maybe change:
>
> path('<int:question_id>/', views.detail, name='detail'),
>
> to:
>
> path('<int:question_id>/detail', views.detail, name='detail'),
>
> The error message is quite clear and helpful, you probably just didn't
> read it correctly. No worries, that can happen to all of us often
> enough :-)
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kasper Laudrup

/Ralph 3.0/

Re: Re: Path in First App, Part 3

rbar...@xcaretresearch.com

Oh my.  I figured it out partially.  I was not entering the url correctly in address bar.  So, now, "results" and "votes" works but "detail" doesn't.  However, "detail" returns when I just enter the basic index url for a given question_id, it just doesn't work for "detail".  Is it supposed to be that way.
On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 2:18:11 PM UTC-7 [hidden email] wrote:
Now I am in the situation where "votes" works but "detail" and "results" does not work.  So weird.. Well, I just checked "votes" to make sure it works and it doesn't.  "index works and takes me to "detail" which, according to the tutorial, is what it supposed to do.  Does anybody know this code?

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 1:04:26 PM UTC-7 Kasper Laudrup wrote:
Actually, I tried "votes" one more time and it did work.

On 10/21/20 12:02 PM, Kasper Laudrup wrote:

> Hi rbar,
>
> On 21/10/2020 20.34, [hidden email] wrote:
>> The error message shows that there is a match.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> No, the error message shows you that there *isn't* a match:
>

>> The current path, polls/3/detail, didn't match any of these.
>>

> Maybe change:
>
> path('<int:question_id>/', views.detail, name='detail'),
>
> to:
>
> path('<int:question_id>/detail', views.detail, name='detail'),
>
> The error message is quite clear and helpful, you probably just didn't
> read it correctly. No worries, that can happen to all of us often
> enough :-)
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kasper Laudrup

/Ralph 3.0/

Re: Re: Path in First App, Part 3

rbar...@xcaretresearch.com
My guess is that the index url is supposed to return "detail," but, then, why even have that "detail" function in the code?  I think I have been spending too long on this and need to move.  I would appreciate it if anybody would explain this to me.  Adding "detail" to the functions just to provide a return message for the. index page seems odd. But if I take it out, I get an error message in the code and it won't run.  Hmmm.  I wish I understood this.

On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 2:24:55 PM UTC-7 [hidden email] wrote:

Oh my.  I figured it out partially.  I was not entering the url correctly in address bar.  So, now, "results" and "votes" works but "detail" doesn't.  However, "detail" returns when I just enter the basic index url for a given question_id, it just doesn't work for "detail".  Is it supposed to be that way.
On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 2:18:11 PM UTC-7 [hidden email] wrote:
Now I am in the situation where "votes" works but "detail" and "results" does not work.  So weird.. Well, I just checked "votes" to make sure it works and it doesn't.  "index works and takes me to "detail" which, according to the tutorial, is what it supposed to do.  Does anybody know this code?

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 1:04:26 PM UTC-7 Kasper Laudrup wrote:
Actually, I tried "votes" one more time and it did work.

On 10/21/20 12:02 PM, Kasper Laudrup wrote:

> Hi rbar,
>
> On 21/10/2020 20.34, [hidden email] wrote:
>> The error message shows that there is a match.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> No, the error message shows you that there *isn't* a match:
>

>> The current path, polls/3/detail, didn't match any of these.
>>

> Maybe change:
>
> path('<int:question_id>/', views.detail, name='detail'),
>
> to:
>
> path('<int:question_id>/detail', views.detail, name='detail'),
>
> The error message is quite clear and helpful, you probably just didn't
> read it correctly. No worries, that can happen to all of us often
> enough :-)
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kasper Laudrup

/Ralph 3.0/

Re: Re: Path in First App, Part 3

rbar...@xcaretresearch.com
Someone suggest that I add "detail" to the urls.py code at path('<int:question.id>/", view detail, name="detail"
But that ruins everything.

On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 2:32:19 PM UTC-7 [hidden email] wrote:
My guess is that the index url is supposed to return "detail," but, then, why even have that "detail" function in the code?  I think I have been spending too long on this and need to move.  I would appreciate it if anybody would explain this to me.  Adding "detail" to the functions just to provide a return message for the. index page seems odd. But if I take it out, I get an error message in the code and it won't run.  Hmmm.  I wish I understood this.

On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 2:24:55 PM UTC-7 [hidden email] wrote:

Oh my.  I figured it out partially.  I was not entering the url correctly in address bar.  So, now, "results" and "votes" works but "detail" doesn't.  However, "detail" returns when I just enter the basic index url for a given question_id, it just doesn't work for "detail".  Is it supposed to be that way.
On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 2:18:11 PM UTC-7 [hidden email] wrote:
Now I am in the situation where "votes" works but "detail" and "results" does not work.  So weird.. Well, I just checked "votes" to make sure it works and it doesn't.  "index works and takes me to "detail" which, according to the tutorial, is what it supposed to do.  Does anybody know this code?

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 1:04:26 PM UTC-7 Kasper Laudrup wrote:
Actually, I tried "votes" one more time and it did work.

On 10/21/20 12:02 PM, Kasper Laudrup wrote:

> Hi rbar,
>
> On 21/10/2020 20.34, [hidden email] wrote:
>> The error message shows that there is a match.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> No, the error message shows you that there *isn't* a match:
>

>> The current path, polls/3/detail, didn't match any of these.
>>

> Maybe change:
>
> path('<int:question_id>/', views.detail, name='detail'),
>
> to:
>
> path('<int:question_id>/detail', views.detail, name='detail'),
>
> The error message is quite clear and helpful, you probably just didn't
> read it correctly. No worries, that can happen to all of us often
> enough :-)
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kasper Laudrup

/Ralph 3.0/

Re: Re: Path in First App, Part 3

rbar...@xcaretresearch.com
oh no, trying that ruined everything, now none of them work.  I tried again, and now "votes' works but "results" doesn't..  Again, is there anyone who knows this code?

On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 2:38:15 PM UTC-7 [hidden email] wrote:
Someone suggest that I add "detail" to the urls.py code at path('<int:question.id>/", view detail, name="detail"
But that ruins everything.

On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 2:32:19 PM UTC-7 [hidden email] wrote:
My guess is that the index url is supposed to return "detail," but, then, why even have that "detail" function in the code?  I think I have been spending too long on this and need to move.  I would appreciate it if anybody would explain this to me.  Adding "detail" to the functions just to provide a return message for the. index page seems odd. But if I take it out, I get an error message in the code and it won't run.  Hmmm.  I wish I understood this.

On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 2:24:55 PM UTC-7 [hidden email] wrote:

Oh my.  I figured it out partially.  I was not entering the url correctly in address bar.  So, now, "results" and "votes" works but "detail" doesn't.  However, "detail" returns when I just enter the basic index url for a given question_id, it just doesn't work for "detail".  Is it supposed to be that way.
On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 2:18:11 PM UTC-7 [hidden email] wrote:
Now I am in the situation where "votes" works but "detail" and "results" does not work.  So weird.. Well, I just checked "votes" to make sure it works and it doesn't.  "index works and takes me to "detail" which, according to the tutorial, is what it supposed to do.  Does anybody know this code?

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 1:04:26 PM UTC-7 Kasper Laudrup wrote:
Actually, I tried "votes" one more time and it did work.

On 10/21/20 12:02 PM, Kasper Laudrup wrote:

> Hi rbar,
>
> On 21/10/2020 20.34, [hidden email] wrote:
>> The error message shows that there is a match.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> No, the error message shows you that there *isn't* a match:
>

>> The current path, polls/3/detail, didn't match any of these.
>>

> Maybe change:
>
> path('<int:question_id>/', views.detail, name='detail'),
>
> to:
>
> path('<int:question_id>/detail', views.detail, name='detail'),
>
> The error message is quite clear and helpful, you probably just didn't
> read it correctly. No worries, that can happen to all of us often
> enough :-)
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kasper Laudrup