Fwd: [SIGCSE-members] Python environment - web based?

Fwd: [SIGCSE-members] Python environment - web based?

Andrew Harrington
This is a good subject to revisit, on web based Python.  I like his interest in Python+math, too.
Andy

Re: Fwd: [SIGCSE-members] Python environment - web based?

Berkin Malkoc

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Andrew Harrington <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is a good subject to revisit, on web based Python.  I like his interest in Python+math, too.
Andy

Getting software installed on K-12 computers can be very difficult. To avoid that collection of problems, I would like to be able to host a development environment on my own servers, so the students will need nothing more than a web browser (and Internet connection). Does anyone know of any off-the-shelf solutions? Though I'm leaning toward Python, I'm not yet committed.

Sage [1] can be a great option in these kind of situations. It can be tried online [2] and there are a couple of places [3] where you are guided through the process of setting up your own Sage servers.

Regards,
Berkin

[1] http://www.sagemath.org
[2] http://www.sagenb.org/