Today's concern is how to counter the stereotype of Computational Math
as purely sedentary.
Doing mathematics and doing physically strenuous activities should not
always been considered opposite ends of the spectrum.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: JM Maranan <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 6:00 PM
Subject: [pinoy-python-users] Dreampie - a new graphical shell for Python
To: Pinoy-Python-Users <[hidden email]>
Just found out a new Python shell from the mailing list. Here is a
feature in a breeze from the author himself
I'm pleased to announce DreamPie 1.0 - a new graphical interactive
* Has whatever you would expect from a graphical Python shell -
attribute completion, tooltips which show how to call functions,
highlighting of matching parentheses, etc.
* Fixes a lot of IDLE nuisances - in DreamPie interrupt always works,
history recall and completion works as expected, etc.
* Results are saved in the Result History.
* Long output is automatically folded so you can focus on what's
* Jython and IronPython support makes DreamPie a great tool for
exploring Java and .NET classes.
* You can copy any amount of code and immediately execute it, and you
can also copy code you typed interactively into a new file, with the
Copy Code Only command. No tabs are used!
* Free software licensed under GPL version 3.