[GAE pyamf ssl]

Gilles TASSE
Hi all,

I am creating an application that combines google apps engine and pyamf. I works like a charm and I must say, I have been coding with great pleasure.
Now, comes the time to deploy the application on google apps. When deploying I get the following message :

2010-10-30 22:21:26,400 WARNING appengine_rpc.py:405 ssl module not found.
Without the ssl module, the identity of the remote host cannot be verified, and
connections may NOT be secure. To fix this, please install the ssl module from

I would much like to install ssl. Could someone be so kind to give me a clue on where to start ?
What kind of impact is this going to have on my non-ssl local app ?

All the best.
Gilles

Re: [GAE pyamf ssl]

Nick Joyce
On 31 Oct 2010, at 21:10, Gilles TASSE wrote:

Hi all,

I am creating an application that combines google apps engine and pyamf. I works like a charm and I must say, I have been coding with great pleasure.

Good to hear!

Now, comes the time to deploy the application on google apps. When deploying I get the following message :

2010-10-30 22:21:26,400 WARNING appengine_rpc.py:405 ssl module not found.
Without the ssl module, the identity of the remote host cannot be verified, and
connections may NOT be secure. To fix this, please install the ssl module from

I would much like to install ssl. Could someone be so kind to give me a clue on where to start ?

You can also use tools like pip or easy_install to install this package for you.

What kind of impact is this going to have on my non-ssl local app ?

This has no bearing on PyAMF, this is the AppEngine SDK warning you about uploading your code in an unencrypted manner, which is important to some. If you install the ssl module, these warnings will go away.

Cheers,

Nick

Re: [GAE pyamf ssl]

Gilles TASSE
Thanks for the answer.
I gave up ssl but I am now trying to use authentication in pyamf.

I am using WebAppGateway.
but the example and source (this is what interest me) are broken. I would need an example for everything to be clear.
Would you have a place to indicate me ?

All the best from Iceland (first day of snow today)
Gilles