GSoC 2011: Interested Students

Jeff Hardy-4
Hi all,
Are there any students that are interested in doing some work on
IronPython/IronRuby/DLR for this year's Google Summer of Code? I'd
like to make sure there's enough interest before I commit to putting
together an application.

The current suggested projects list is at http://bit.ly/g7YhPT but
feel free to add more!

- Jeff

Re: GSoC 2011: Interested Students

Afriza N. Arief-2

Hi,

I think mentoring organizations don't need to "get students" before applying for GSoC.

This will allow students who didn't know about the mentoring organization to join and start knowing and contributing.

It will also be hard for students like me to contact potential organizations and check for potential projects before the organizations are accepted and listed in GSoC website.

Once the organizations are accepted, students can browse, discover, and join the project that he never knew it exists.

So I think you should just apply for it. What more Google wants to get more organizations and students this year.

It will be a waste if you don't apply.

Regards,

Afriza N. Arief

Re: GSoC 2011: Interested Students

Jeff Hardy-4
Hi Afriza,
It appears that you are right - for some reason I thought mentoring
orgs had to show that there was student interest before applying, but
that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm still going to send in the application and see what happens.

- Jeff

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Afriza N. Arief <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think mentoring organizations don't need to "get students" before applying
> for GSoC.
>
> This will allow students who didn't know about the mentoring organization to
> join and start knowing and contributing.
>
> It will also be hard for students like me to contact potential organizations
> and check for potential projects before the organizations are accepted and
> listed in GSoC website.
>
> Once the organizations are accepted, students can browse, discover, and join
> the project that he never knew it exists.
>
> So I think you should just apply for it. What more Google wants to get more
> organizations and students this year.
>
> It will be a waste if you don't apply.
>
> Regards,
>
> Afriza N. Arief

Re: GSoC 2011: Interested Students

Afriza N. Arief
These appear like good guides for both mentors and students:

Let us wish all the best for the coming GSoC 2011!

Afriza N. Arief