GeoDjango GIS Model Fieldset Usage

Shazia Nusrat
Hi,

I need quick help about using the fields in the following model:

class Size(models.Model):
   azimuth = models.CharField(max_length=200, blank=True, null=True)
   tilt = models.CharField(max_length=200, blank=True, null=True)
   boundary_coordinates = models.CharField(max_length=200, blank=True)
   height = models.CharField(max_length=200, blank=True)
   width = models.CharField(max_length=200, blank=True)

I know there is a function reference for it but I don't know how to use it as per the link below because I am newbie.

Please advise.

Re: GeoDjango GIS Model Fieldset Usage

Jani Tiainen
Hi.

So what is your actual problem?

11.1.2018 3.04 "Shazia Nusrat" <[hidden email]> kirjoitti:
Hi,

I need quick help about using the fields in the following model:

class Size(models.Model):
   azimuth = models.CharField(max_length=200, blank=True, null=True)
   tilt = models.CharField(max_length=200, blank=True, null=True)
   boundary_coordinates = models.CharField(max_length=200, blank=True)
   height = models.CharField(max_length=200, blank=True)
   width = models.CharField(max_length=200, blank=True)

I know there is a function reference for it but I don't know how to use it as per the link below because I am newbie.

Please advise.

Re: GeoDjango GIS Model Fieldset Usage

Shazia Nusrat
For Instance...lets say I need to let customer calculate Azimuth for the home roof with ModelForm.
Its not a simple one single direction. If you can do it let me know with example.

Regards,
Shazia.

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 11:30 PM, Jani Tiainen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi.

So what is your actual problem?

11.1.2018 3.04 "Shazia Nusrat" <[hidden email]> kirjoitti:
Hi,

I need quick help about using the fields in the following model:

class Size(models.Model):
   azimuth = models.CharField(max_length=200, blank=True, null=True)
   tilt = models.CharField(max_length=200, blank=True, null=True)
   boundary_coordinates = models.CharField(max_length=200, blank=True)
   height = models.CharField(max_length=200, blank=True)
   width = models.CharField(max_length=200, blank=True)

I know there is a function reference for it but I don't know how to use it as per the link below because I am newbie.

Please advise.

Re: GeoDjango GIS Model Fieldset Usage

Jani Tiainen

Hi,

Apparently you have mistaken what GeoDjango is.

GeoDjango is a GIS framework, that is it deals with (usually) real world coordinates.

And in most cases coordinates are 3D. Two well known coordinate systems are WGS84 (GPS uses this) and second one is Google Transverse Mercator.

GIS is usually used to do spatial lookups, like does two geometries intersect, or is point within specific polygon.

In GIS you do have few math ops, mainly distance and area. Distance and area math depends a bit of used coordinate system since some coordinate systems can take earth curvature in to account.

What you asking is actually is more like trigonometry which GeoDjango can't really do.