Quantcast

GeoDjango

Samuel Brunel
Hello,

I’m new on GeoDjango, I need to known If I can use GeoDjango as  WMS ?

Best regards,

Samuel

Re: GeoDjango

Samuel Brunel
Thanks a lot,

WMS is Web Map Server like MapServer (http://www.mapserver.org).

I think django-wms provides the service I need.

On 18 Mar 2017, at 14:35, Tim Graham <[hidden email]> wrote:

What's WMS? Is this package relevant https://django-wms.readthedocs.io/ ? (found with a web search for "geodjango wms")

On Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 9:21:55 AM UTC-4, sbrunel62 wrote:
Hello,

I’m new on GeoDjango, I need to known If I can use GeoDjango as  WMS ?

Best regards,

Samuel

Re: GeoDjango

gamesbook
One option is to use Geoserver on the backend to manage your spatial data (in files or databases), and then to serve this via Django.

See:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU_Jh6RcY24

On Saturday, 18 March 2017 15:21:55 UTC+2, sbrunel62 wrote:
Hello,

I’m new on GeoDjango, I need to known If I can use GeoDjango as  WMS ?

Best regards,

Samuel

Re: GeoDjango

Jani Tiainen

There are several options how to actually server maps.

Few simplest options are running seperate server that serves maps like
MapServer, GeoServer or Mapnik.

Of course if you want to serve maps from Django directly that maybe tricky.

That django-wms package seems to leverage MapServer mapscript to publish
maps. Not sure how mature that project is.

--
Jani Tiainen