GnomePython and GnomePythonExtras

Eric Jardim
Hi, folks...

Is anybody here responsible (or know who is) for the GnomePython and GnomePythonExtras projects?

Besides, I know that GnomePython is already packaged on Debian (unstable), but I cannot find GnomePythonExtras.

Is there any (hard) dependencies to put it on Debian? And what about the docs? And mailing-lists?

I think that the Gtk/Gnome bindings for Python are very important, and I don't know if they are abandonned or what.

If someone knows more about this I would appreciate and offer my help (if needed).

I would be really happy and thankfull if someone can give me those infos.

(big) thanks in advance...

[Eric Jardim]

Re: GnomePython and GnomePythonExtras

Sjoerd Simons
On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 07:36:55PM -0300, Eric Jardim wrote:
> Hi, folks...
>
> Is anybody here responsible (or know who is) for the GnomePython and
> GnomePythonExtras projects?
>
> Besides, I know that GnomePython is already packaged on Debian (unstable),
> but I cannot find GnomePythonExtras.

python-gnome2-extras is available in experimental. With the
release of Sarge today, it will probably become available in unstable RSN.

  Sjoerd
--
"Consider a spherical bear, in simple harmonic motion..."
                -- Professor in the UCB physics department

On 6/6/05, Sjoerd Simons <[hidden email]> wrote:
python-gnome2-extras is available in experimental. With the
release of Sarge today, it will probably become available in unstable RSN.

  Sjoerd

Hmm, I saw that ubuntu had this package on their "breezy", but could not see it at debian unstable. I did not know that there were an "experimental" package state. Is there any way to turn my Debian unstable to experimental at some extent?

Maybe I'll wait or install ubuntu to play a little with those features.

Thanks for the information.

[Eric Jardim]

Re: GnomePython and GnomePythonExtras

Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
  Hello.

  I'm currently maintaining GnomePythonExtras, as time permits.  This
mailing-list is ok for discussing it.  If you want to help, file bug
reports (with patches if possible) in bugzilla.gnome.org, product
gnome-python-extras.

  This module contains wrappers for many different libraries.  If
distributions package it as a single package, it will have many
dependencies.  If the package is split up in several, the dependencies

  Also please not that, contrary to popular belief and what the name may
imply, this contains bindings not only for gnome libraries but also for
other libraries not depending on gnome libs, such as egg.trayicon,
gtkspell, and gtkmozembed.

  Oh.. I'm also maintaining GnomePython, this one dedicated exclusively
to wrapping gnome libraries though.

  Best regards.

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 19:36 -0300, Eric Jardim wrote:

> Hi, folks...
>
> Is anybody here responsible (or know who is) for the GnomePython and
> GnomePythonExtras projects?
>
> Besides, I know that GnomePython is already packaged on Debian
> (unstable), but I cannot find GnomePythonExtras.
>
> Is there any (hard) dependencies to put it on Debian? And what about
> the docs? And mailing-lists?
>
> I think that the Gtk/Gnome bindings for Python are very important, and
> I don't know if they are abandonned or what.
>
> If someone knows more about this I would appreciate and offer my help
> (if needed).
>
> I would be really happy and thankfull if someone can give me those
> infos.
>
> (big) thanks in advance...
>
> [Eric Jardim]
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
<[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>
The universe is always one step beyond logic.

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment