Good Book

Ryan-189
Dear All Pythonist,

I'm strarting learn python programming and I have been found many resources on it but I have a problem. I don't know, what is the best complete book for new learner like me.

I need your recommendation, thanks before . . .

--
It is no more than the conspiracy of 0 and 1
[decrypthor]

Re: [Tutor] Good Book

sefa yıldız
i think, this is good book for you. (this is pdf version )
and also a few sources:

2011/7/18 Ryan <[hidden email]>
Dear All Pythonist,

I'm strarting learn python programming and I have been found many resources on it but I have a problem. I don't know, what is the best complete book for new learner like me.

I need your recommendation, thanks before . . .

--
It is no more than the conspiracy of 0 and 1
[decrypthor]

Re: Good Book

Randy Syring-2
Ryan,

These should be a good start:

http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/
http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/html/index.html
http://diveintopython.org/toc/index.html
http://diveintopython3.org/
--------------------------------------
Randy Syring
Intelicom
Direct: 502-276-0459
Office: 502-212-9913

For the wages of sin is death, but the
free gift of God is eternal life in
Christ Jesus our Lord (Rom 6:23)

On 07/18/2011 04:26 AM, Ryan wrote:
Dear All Pythonist,

I'm strarting learn python programming and I have been found many resources on it but I have a problem. I don't know, what is the best complete book for new learner like me.

I need your recommendation, thanks before . . .

--
It is no more than the conspiracy of 0 and 1
[decrypthor]

Re: [Tutor] Good Book

surya k
Actually you have a lot of books that have been quoted in www.python.org.
One of them is ThinkPython book at www.thinkpython.org. Its really good.
You'll also find exercises at the end of units.

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Ryan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear All Pythonist,

I'm strarting learn python programming and I have been found many resources on it but I have a problem. I don't know, what is the best complete book for new learner like me.

I need your recommendation, thanks before . . .

--
It is no more than the conspiracy of 0 and 1
[decrypthor]

Re: Good Book

Bill Allen-10
Dear All Pythonist,

I'm strarting learn python programming and I have been found many resources on it but I have a problem. I don't know, what is the best complete book for new learner like me.

I need your recommendation, thanks before . . .

Ryan,

Here some more good free book resources for Python programming,  by the same author.  The website provides both HTML and PDF versions.

Book 1:  Intended for beginners and non-programmers (I think it is good, even for programmers even if some material might be a little bit elementary.  Certainly good if one has not programmed in a while, for review.):
http://homepage.mac.com/s_lott/books/nonprogrammer.html#book-nonprogrammer

Book 2:  Intended for more experienced programmers:
http://homepage.mac.com/s_lott/books/python.html#book-python

Book 3:  Specifically focuses on OOP design, two editions of this book for Python and Java:
http://homepage.mac.com/s_lott/books/oodesign.html#book-oodesign

--Bill Allen

Re: [Tutor] Good Book

Mark Curphey
I strongly recommend Thinking in Python - http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/thinkpython.html

I recently wrote a blog about my experiences learning - http://www.curphey.com/2011/07/learn-core-python-in-a-week-my-way/

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 25, 2011, at 5:27 PM, Bill Allen <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Alan Gauld
sefa yıldız wrote:

> and also a few sources:
> http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/

Thanks for the plug but that site has been closed (bt freenet) for
several years now! The latest version of the site, including the
almost completed V3 tutor, is at

http://www.alan-g.me.uk/

Regards,

Alan G.