Google App Engine DecodeError

Thaddeus Morgan
I've recently taken over a project that uses PyAMF on Google App Engine to communicate with a Flash client using an AS3 flash.net.NetConnection.  In trying to get the application up and running on a dev site, I get the following error when trying to send an object from the client to the server:

DecodeError: Unknown AMF3 type 0x11 at 222

I've used PyAMF before, but only in a way that let me control as much of the de/serialization as I could on both ends.  I never had a chance to use all the automation it provides.  Is there something I need to do to synchronize the object definitions between client and server?

Thanks,
TM

Re: Google App Engine DecodeError

Nick Joyce
An update to this post:

Thaddeus and I thrashed this out on IRC and determined that the Flash request was trying to send a Dictionary to PyAMF since there is no support for that AMF3 type (its not even mentioned in the specs).

However, applying the patch [1] allowed the request to successfully be decoded.

Cheers,

Nick

[1] - http://dev.pyamf.org/attachment/ticket/696/dict.patch

On 1 Jul 2010, at 06:40, Thaddeus Morgan wrote:

> I've recently taken over a project that uses PyAMF on Google App Engine to communicate with a Flash client using an AS3 flash.net.NetConnection.  In trying to get the application up and running on a dev site, I get the following error when trying to send an object from the client to the server:
>
> DecodeError: Unknown AMF3 type 0x11 at 222
>
> I've used PyAMF before, but only in a way that let me control as much of the de/serialization as I could on both ends.  I never had a chance to use all the automation it provides.  Is there something I need to do to synchronize the object definitions between client and server?
>
> Thanks,
> PyAMF users mailing list - [hidden email]
> http://lists.pyamf.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Re: Google App Engine DecodeError

Thaddeus Morgan
I can confirm that the patch worked in my particular case as well and is the solution I'm using moving forward.  Thanks for the help!

TM