Quantcast

Google App Engine example

Arnar Birgisson
Hey there,

On the GAE example page on the wiki, it says:

"""
This method works fine as long as the app is only going to be the
gateway. It would be beneficial, however, to have the SWF running on
the same instance. We need an approach that is closer to how PyAMF is
implemented for Django, where we use the Google webapp WSGIApplication
and map a gateway URL to PyAMF.
"""

I thought you could set up multiple wsgi apps under different urls
through the app.yaml file quite simply. Is that not so?
I know you can point to static files that are served without bothering
the python stuff at all..

Arnar

Re: Google App Engine example

Nick Joyce
HI,

You can set up separate gateways on different urls, as you would 'normal' python scripts . I'll modify the wiki.

Cheers,

Nick

On 15 Apr 2008, at 10:20, Arnar Birgisson wrote:
Hey there,

On the GAE example page on the wiki, it says:

"""
This method works fine as long as the app is only going to be the
gateway. It would be beneficial, however, to have the SWF running on
the same instance. We need an approach that is closer to how PyAMF is
implemented for Django, where we use the Google webapp WSGIApplication
and map a gateway URL to PyAMF.
"""

I thought you could set up multiple wsgi apps under different urls
through the app.yaml file quite simply. Is that not so?
I know you can point to static files that are served without bothering
the python stuff at all..

Arnar

Re: Google App Engine example

Arnar Birgisson
Hey,

My main concern was that I got the impression that the flash file
could not be hosted on the same instance as the gateway (which you can
do). I may have simply misunderstood though..

Arnar