Google Summer of Code 2017

Tim Graham-2
I've submitted our organization application for this year.

Anyone interested in mentoring, please indicate your interest https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/SummerOfCode2017. Any experienced contributors are welcome to mentor. We also need project ideas on that page. I've copied the ideas from past years, but they may not be the best. If you have an idea in mind, feel free to start a new thread on this mailing list to see if others think it's suitable.

Any students interested in participating, the time to starting contributing is now! The chances of developing a successful proposal without any past contributions to Django is very low.

If you have a question, let me know.

Re: Google Summer of Code 2017

shivang bharadwaj
I have an idea in mind I would like to work on. How should I go about adding it to the ideas page?

Anyone interested in mentoring, please indicate your interest <a href="https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/SummerOfCode2017" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fcode.djangoproject.com%2Fwiki%2FSummerOfCode2017\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHg0ieRMrwMWjgrUTq1p8STae26-Q&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fcode.djangoproject.com%2Fwiki%2FSummerOfCode2017\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHg0ieRMrwMWjgrUTq1p8STae26-Q&#39;;return true;">https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/SummerOfCode2017. Any experienced contributors are welcome to mentor. We also need project ideas on that page. I've copied the ideas from past years, but they may not be the best. If you have an idea in mind, feel free to start a new thread on this mailing list to see if others think it's suitable.

Anyone interested in mentoring, please indicate your interest <a href="https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/SummerOfCode2017" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fcode.djangoproject.com%2Fwiki%2FSummerOfCode2017\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHg0ieRMrwMWjgrUTq1p8STae26-Q&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fcode.djangoproject.com%2Fwiki%2FSummerOfCode2017\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHg0ieRMrwMWjgrUTq1p8STae26-Q&#39;;return true;">https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/SummerOfCode2017. Any experienced contributors are welcome to mentor. We also need project ideas on that page. I've copied the ideas from past years, but they may not be the best. If you have an idea in mind, feel free to start a new thread on this mailing list to see if others think it's suitable.

Any students interested in participating, the time to starting contributing is now! The chances of developing a successful proposal without any past contributions to Django is very low.

If you have a question, let me know.

Re: Google Summer of Code 2017

Tim Graham-2
There are web clients for IRC such as irccloud.com that you can use to avoid port restrictions. This mailing list isn't the best place for basic contributing questions.

The #django-dev IRC channel or the mentorship mailing list could be suitable for new contributor questions.
https://groups.google.com/group/django-core-mentorship

If the question involves design decisions, commenting on the ticket you intend to work on might also be appropriate.

On Friday, February 3, 2017 at 7:16:48 AM UTC-5, HITESH V. BHAGCHANDANI wrote:
[...]

Thanks a lot for the guidance. I joined irccloud.com. Will keep posting for further queries, there!

On Friday, February 3, 2017 at 6:03:33 PM UTC+5:30, Tim Graham wrote:
There are web clients for IRC such as <a href="http://irccloud.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Firccloud.com\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNE4EEvN9-OgPdP8X15IroAZrZr99w&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Firccloud.com\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNE4EEvN9-OgPdP8X15IroAZrZr99w&#39;;return true;">irccloud.com that you can use to avoid port restrictions. This mailing list isn't the best place for basic contributing questions.

[...]

Vipin Chaudhary
Hi Tim ,

I am Vipin , i opened 2 tickets few days back in Django community and those were closed by you :P , BTW thanks for your early reaction on my tickets. I was asking that what should i do to get select in Django community in GSOC.
I've been working on Django for past one and half year and have pretty good knowledge about it

Thanks

[...]

Pranav Jadhav
Hey Tim,
    I am Pranav Jadhav, an undergrad student from Pune, India. I was keen on working with contributions towards communities. I just wished some guidance to get actually started. Means how actually these things proceed and how I actually would be getting something to work upon. Just like the basics. Anything helpful will be appreciated.
    Thank You!!