Google Summer of Code projects announced - JyNI on Windows support

Google Summer of Code projects announced - JyNI on Windows support

Jim Baker-2
Today the Google Summer of Code projects were announced, and Stefan Richthofer's project  on JyNI support on Windows is one of them:
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#4931062149939200

Congratulations!!!

I'm really happy about this summer funding to help support Stefan in this valuable work. Every time Stefan has worked on JyNI, it has inevitably led to improvements to Jython itself; and JyNI support itself is course is highly useful. Such work is also something that we will be readily able to use for Jython 3, once we are ready.

Frank, Darjus, and I all look forward to help mentor Stefan in this work; and it's also something we as a community of developers can do. Mentorship here doesn't mean so much help on code — Stefan is obviously awesome there. Instead it's a chance to provide feedback on design and prioritization, much as we do for each other, when we have a chance.

- Jim

Re: Google Summer of Code projects announced - JyNI on Windows support

Jeff Allen-2
Congratulations indeed! And good luck with the sprints this w/e too.

Jeff Allen