HELP NEEDED NOW!!!

Rob Healey
Greetings:

I am sorry for being presumptuous to impose myself upon the list here, but I am frustrated and needing help before I can continue....

I have DistUtils2 1.0a4 installed already, but this is my first time trying to use it...

From this documentation list here [1], it says to use:
from distutils2.core import setup

then when I try to run:
$ python setup.py build

it says that there is no module named core ???

Is this documentation outdated or am I doing something wrong?  Please help quickly.....

[1] http://packages.python.org/Distutils2/distutils/examples.html

--
Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

Re: Distutils2 documentation nonworking

Éric Araujo
Hello,

Le 26/03/2012 19:36, Rob Healey a écrit :
> I am sorry for being presumptuous to impose myself upon the list
> here, but I am frustrated and needing help before I can continue
I understand your frustration, but I think nonetheless that it’s not the
best attitude one can have when addressing a mailing list where people
volunteer help.  Why apologize for something when you can just avoid
doing the thing?  :)

By the way I hope you have seen the warning that distutils2 is not ready
for use in critical situations yet.

> I have DistUtils2 1.0a4 installed already, but this is my first time
> trying to use it...
The documentation lives at http://docs.python.org/dev/packaging (just
replace packaging with distutils2 in your imports and the rest of the
code is the same).  It is however incomplete, as you’ve found out, and I
am sorry for this.  You’re the second person to report this to the
mailing list in a few days (see
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2012-March/018381.html).

I am working on a huge doc patch, but in the meantime here are the
instructions for getting started:

- write a setup.cfg file following the rules described in the document
http://docs.python.org/dev/packaging/setupcfg
- replace every “python setup.py x” you see in the docs with “pysetup run x”
- see ”pysetup --help” and “pysetup run --help”

Hope this helps,

Regards

Re: HELP NEEDED NOW!!!

Chris Withers-2
On 27/03/2012 00:36, Rob Healey wrote:
> Is this documentation outdated or am I doing something wrong?  Please
> help quickly.....

Why?

Suggest you read:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#urgent