Haiku: SIP crash

Zoltán Mizsei
Hi guys,

i am with the HaikuPorts team here, and made the ports originally for
Calibre, wich based on PyQT.
I already got it work some time ago, even got my Haiku patches
upstreamed, but it is bitrotted a bit, so i started to work on it
again.

I already ported the most important Python modules, and the e-book
viewer part works already, but the main progam crashing at start.
Calibre bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1821541
HiakuPorts issue: https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/issues/3717

I built SIP and PyQT with debug enabled, now i seethe following before
the crash:

python2: /sources/sip-4.19.15/siplib/siplib.c:9371:
sip_api_can_convert_to_type: td == NULL || sipTypeIsClass(td) ||
sipTypeIsMapped(td)
[1] 1975 SIGKILLTHR /Ports/Inst/Calibre2/bin/calibre

I have found bugreports with the same problem but the only solution
was: Use the official Calibre build, which is impossible our case, as
there is no official build for Haiku yet.

Our current Qt port is: 5.12.2
The current Python port is: 2.7.15 and 3.6.7 (3.7 is in the pipeline
already)
The current PyQT port is: 5.12.1
And SIP is: 4.19.15

Do you guys have any idea, what should i do?

Our current
SIP: https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/tree/master/dev-python/sip
and
PyQT recipes: https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/tree/master/dev-
python/pyqt

Thanks and best regards,
--extrowerk

Re: Haiku: SIP crash

Phil Thompson-5
On 2 Apr 2019, at 9:20 am, Zoltán Mizsei <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> i am with the HaikuPorts team here, and made the ports originally for
> Calibre, wich based on PyQT.
> I already got it work some time ago, even got my Haiku patches
> upstreamed, but it is bitrotted a bit, so i started to work on it
> again.
>
> I already ported the most important Python modules, and the e-book
> viewer part works already, but the main progam crashing at start.
> Calibre bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1821541
> HiakuPorts issue: https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/issues/3717
>
> I built SIP and PyQT with debug enabled, now i seethe following before
> the crash:
>
> python2: /sources/sip-4.19.15/siplib/siplib.c:9371:
> sip_api_can_convert_to_type: td == NULL || sipTypeIsClass(td) ||
> sipTypeIsMapped(td)
> [1] 1975 SIGKILLTHR /Ports/Inst/Calibre2/bin/calibre
>
> I have found bugreports with the same problem but the only solution
> was: Use the official Calibre build, which is impossible our case, as
> there is no official build for Haiku yet.
>
> Our current Qt port is: 5.12.2
> The current Python port is: 2.7.15 and 3.6.7 (3.7 is in the pipeline
> already)
> The current PyQT port is: 5.12.1
> And SIP is: 4.19.15
>
> Do you guys have any idea, what should i do?

Can you generate a full backtrace?

Phil

Re: Haiku: SIP crash

Zoltán Mizsei
Thanks!

If you need, i can prepare a complete Virtualbox image with every
dependency. Just let me know.

--extrowerk