Has anyone tried matplotlib...??

Asrarahmed Kadri

Folks,

Has anyone tried matplotlib ..//???

If yes, then is it easy to use...????

--
To HIM you shall return.

Re: Has anyone tried matplotlib...??

Matt Richardson-2
I just used it a couple of weeks ago to produce a histogram of
randomly generated numbers.  Read the documentation, it's well written
and has good examples.

Matt

On 10/22/06, Asrarahmed Kadri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Has anyone tried matplotlib ..//???
>
> If yes, then is it easy to use...????
>

> --
> To HIM you shall return.

Matt

Re: Has anyone tried matplotlib...??

Bill Campbell-3
On Sun, Oct 22, 2006, Matt Richardson wrote:
>I just used it a couple of weeks ago to produce a histogram of
>randomly generated numbers.  Read the documentation, it's well written
>and has good examples.

You might also want to look at gnuplot.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   [hidden email]  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC
FAX:            (206) 232-9186  Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820; (206) 236-1676

``If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police,
the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the
government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws.''
EDWARD ABBEY (1927-1989)

Re: Has anyone tried matplotlib...??

David Rock
* Matt Richardson <[hidden email]> [2006-10-22 16:56]:
> I just used it a couple of weeks ago to produce a histogram of
> randomly generated numbers.  Read the documentation, it's well written
> and has good examples.

I met the current maintainer at the chipy (Chicago Python user group)
http://www.chipy.org meeting a few months ago.  He's a great guy and he
did some pretty impressive things with it.  It also appears to interact
well with ipython, an extremely powerful python interpreter shell (much
better than the built-in shell) http://ipython.scipy.org/

--
David Rock