Hello everyone I'm a new member

Asad Ahmed
Hello everyone,
I'm new to open source community. I've been working on python and django framework for few years now. I've done few projects based on them and ML. I'm planing for Gsoc.
I would be really grateful if anyone can guide me on how to proceed for open source contribution on django.

Thanks
Your sincerely
Asad Ahmed

Re: Hello everyone I'm a new member

Dilyan Palauzov
Hello Asad,

as a first task you can remove the Python2-specifics from django/utils/six.py , and deprecate python_2_unicode_compatible().

Greetings
  Дилян

On Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 3:10:31 AM UTC+1, Asad Ahmed wrote:
Hello everyone,
I'm new to open source community. I've been working on python and django framework for few years now. I've done few projects based on them and ML. I'm planing for Gsoc.
I would be really grateful if anyone can guide me on how to proceed for open source contribution on django.

Thanks
Your sincerely
Asad Ahmed

Re: Hello everyone I'm a new member

Collin Anderson-2
Yes, wait until at least 2019 to deprecate those.
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/27753