Quantcast

Help compiling Python and some modules with Visual Studio 11

Help compiling Python and some modules with Visual Studio 11

Emmanuel Chomarat
Hi,
  I need some help to compile python source code under Visual Studio
11. I need to have my own delivery process as I also need to compile
few extra modules that are not always available under windows ( lxml
for inst is not up to date).

Any help or references will be very much appreciated .

I am struggling to compile dependencies(sqlite, zlib) and the core
python modules. If any one has some experience sorting out these
issues that would be fantastic.

Thx
Emmanuel

Re: Help compiling Python and some modules with Visual Studio 11

etienne.labaume
Hi,

As far as I know, the most recent version of MS compiler you can use to build Python is Visual Studio 2008.

http://bugs.python.org/issue13210

--
Étienne