Quantcast

Help whith script

Boris Vladimir Comi
Hello, corrected the code and it runs correctly. I run the script through a program called McIDAS-V.
I guess when i run the script (TIR.py) as follows: / home / mcidasv / McIDAS-V-System / runMcV-islfile scm.py refers to the module AreaFile.

My database is composed of monthly and is the Following:

200406010000.goes10ir
200406010000.goes10vis
200406010000.goes10wv
200406010000.goes12ir
200406010000.goes12vis
200406010000.goes12wv

Each has 3 channels: ir(infrarred), vis (visible), wv(water vapor) with four variables: raw, radiance, brightness and temperature .
I actually only interested in data format  .goes12ir and variable temperature.
How
I can make that filter data and where in the code could add that filter ?

After filtering the database, how could calculate the area of ​​the cloud shield whose temperature is <219 K (see purple line in attached)?

Note: when I deploy a data(200406010000.goes12ir) in the McIDAS-V, I get a satellite image that represents different values ​​of brightness temperatures associated with the cloud that appears in the satellite image (see image in attached)

Boris Vladimir Comi Gonzalez
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Grupo de Tormentas Convecivas

TIR.py (1K) Download Attachment