Help with install please

llewellyn
Hello Team,
                        I long ago down loaded an early ersion of Python cad.
It did not work so I left it and watched the teams progress with it.
        I am now ready to try re install.
I would have much prefered to have used Yast to install it.
Today I down loaded  PythonCAD-DS1.tar.gz and unpacked it into a folder on my
desktop called CAD. This is a temporary place and I will move it to where you
recomend.
        Please see below details of my system and advise me best way to install
Python cad keeping in mind that I am fairly stupid. I am very ignorant when
it comes to comand line  work.
I did print the README file and checked with yast to find that I have
Python-GTK version 2.12.1-18.1.

My system processor is an intel celeron430 at 1.8 Ghz
I have 1GB of ram free memory
I have 198GB of free space on hard drive.
My computer is a standalone desktop (no network)
I am running opensuse 11.00 (I586)
My graphic desktop is KDE 3.5.10 release 55
I elected not to install later versions of the KDE desktop eg KDE4 because
other people who use it have trouble.
I am very much a gui user and would like to end up with a pythoncad icon on my
desktop.
Regards
Llewellyn Lee
my email adress has two styles
[hidden email] or [hidden email]

dangerous content by Pinpoint, and is
believed to be clean.

Re: Help with install please

Matteo Boscolo
  Hi Llewellyn ,
the last version of pythoncad is R38 completely rewritten using the pyqt
framework and sympy.
I think that you mast use some shell command to install the last release
on linux .
have a look at the wiki for more information at the following link:
http://pythoncad.sourceforge.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=download

If you have a m$ platform you can try PythonCAD in an easy way using the
installer.

Unfortunately I can't help you on linux distributions different from
Ubuntu debian.
the step to follow for installing PythonCAD on linux are:
install python2.6
install pyqt
install sympy
download from git the last source file
exec python pythoncad_qt.py under PythonCAD folder

let me know if you can mange it
we are here to support you ..

regards,
Matteo