Help with plugins

Ark-5
Hi!
First, my english may be bad, so I apoligize.
This is the first time i mail the list and it's about something i've been investigating, but i haven't found enough information.
I want to learn how to do extensible aplications using plugins.  I've found some how tos an tutorials, but they're not deep enough for my needs, and i need your help with documentation about the topic, or with everything you consider helpful.

Thanks!

Re: Help with plugins

David Rock
* Ark <[hidden email]> [2007-07-03 11:50]:
> Hi!
> First, my english may be bad, so I apoligize.
> This is the first time i mail the list and it's about something i've been
> investigating, but i haven't found enough information.
> I want to learn how to do extensible aplications using plugins.  I've found
> some how tos an tutorials, but they're not deep enough for my needs, and i
> need your help with documentation about the topic, or with everything you
> consider helpful.

I think we need some more information explaining what you are trying to
accomplish.  Can you supply an example of an "extensible application"
and also a longer description of what you mean when you say "plugin."

Perhaps some links to what you have looked at so far would also help to
clarify?

--
David Rock

Re: Help with plugins

Kent Johnson
Ark wrote:
> Hi!
> First, my english may be bad, so I apoligize.
> This is the first time i mail the list and it's about something i've
> been investigating, but i haven't found enough information.
> I want to learn how to do extensible aplications using plugins.  I've
> found some how tos an tutorials, but they're not deep enough for my
> needs, and i need your help with documentation about the topic, or with
> everything you consider helpful.

Googling 'python plugin' finds quite a few examples including this one
which is very simple:
http://pytute.blogspot.com/2007/04/python-plugin-system.html

and this which seems pretty detailed:
http://lucumr.pocoo.org/blogarchive/python-plugin-system