Helpful things for Python on Windows

Rasjid Wilcox
Hi all,

I mentioned at one of the meetings using Console2
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/console/) so that you can get a decent
console window in Windows.

Sat down at my partners laptop and discovered that tab completion didn't
work.  I forgot that that is something you have to enable.  For details
on how to enable it, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310530.
Doesn't work as well as bash, but better than nothing.

Lastly, you might also want http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyreadline

Then:

import readline
import rlcompleter
readline.parse_and_bind("tab: complete")

works.  Well, mostly.  Double tabbing does not seem to work (at least on
Python 2.6) - wonder if that is fixable.  But if there is a unique
solution, it works.  So again, better than nothing.

Cheers,

Rasjid.