Lior Amar
Hi All,

My name is Lior and I am working at Parallel Machine which is a startup company
working on machine learning and streaming.

I was wondering what is the roadmap for Jython project. Is there any intention to support python 3 in the future.
We are considering to use Jython but we have some concerns regarding the project future.
I also noticed that the last release was from May 2015.

Can anyone shade some light on the subject?
Maybe point me to other resource (blogs, websites) discussing this?

Any help appreciated.

Lior.

Re: Hi,

Jeff Mitchell
(I'm just a random user, nothing to do with Jython project.)

Jython 2.7 is very recent, certainly not mid-2015.. more like what, Q3 2016? That said, 2.7 is not perfect, just very good (ie: when it comes to things like specific https bugs it seems to be changing every month ... people are certainly working on things.)

That said, I think Jython is more silent than some other projects.. not sure how many use it, but it generally just works so no one complains about it :)

jeff

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 12:32 PM, Lior Amar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

My name is Lior and I am working at Parallel Machine which is a startup company
working on machine learning and streaming.

I was wondering what is the roadmap for Jython project. Is there any intention to support python 3 in the future.
We are considering to use Jython but we have some concerns regarding the project future.
I also noticed that the last release was from May 2015.

Can anyone shade some light on the subject?
Maybe point me to other resource (blogs, websites) discussing this?

Any help appreciated.

Lior.

Re: Hi,

Fernando Cassia
On 1/12/17, Lior Amar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> My name is Lior and I am working at Parallel Machine which is a startup
> company
> working on machine learning and streaming.

There's an open source Java library for machine learning developed at
http://cs.waikato.ac.nz/ml/weka/
not sure if it'd help for your needs.

I guess it could be used from Jython. But I have not tried it.

Wrt Jython's development look at this PyCon 2015 keynote. I think your
point is answered by Jim Baker on the first question ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLm3garVQFo

FC

Re: Hi,

Christian Pontesegger
On 12.01.2017 19:48, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Jython 2.7 is very recent, certainly not mid-2015.. more like what, Q3
> 2016?
While I cannot give any information on the activity of the Jython
project, I guess a major problem is communication. Last news entry on
the webpage is from may 2015 "Jython 2.7.0 final released". As there
were frequent news entries before the impression could be that the
project is dead.

This is definitely not true when one looks at the mercurial activity log:
https://hg.python.org/jython

Probably some updates now and then on the project news section from the
devs would be a nice thing

Christian