Quantcast

How Channels and Daphne handle huge HTTP requests?

How Channels and Daphne handle huge HTTP requests?

Alexander Prokhorov
Dear Colleagues,

I tried to understand how Channels and Daphne work with single-reader channels in case when there is huge HTTP request. To my surprise I have not found any code in Daphne which works with `body_channel`. The only occurrence of `body_channel` I found is in the test `assert_valid_http_request_message`, but the relevant branch of execution is never triggered during testing.

Could someone clarify where to search?

Re: How Channels and Daphne handle huge HTTP requests?

Andrew Godwin-3
Hi Alexander,

I believe Daphne does not yet implement body_channel support for large HTTP requests, just the response version right now. It's on the roadmap, I just need to get round to adding it in. Until then, I would advise not using it for large uploads.

Andrew

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 1:17 AM, Alexander Prokhorov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Colleagues,

I tried to understand how Channels and Daphne work with single-reader channels in case when there is huge HTTP request. To my surprise I have not found any code in Daphne which works with `body_channel`. The only occurrence of `body_channel` I found is in the test `assert_valid_http_request_message`, but the relevant branch of execution is never triggered during testing.

Could someone clarify where to search?

Re: How Channels and Daphne handle huge HTTP requests?

Oskar Hahn
Hi Alexander,

if you need an asgi-server, that currently supports body_channel, then
you can use https://github.com/ostcar/geiss

Oskar