How do I contribute?

Tony Rippy
Hello all,

I am a developer working on software built on top of Jython 2.2a. I have
found and fixed a couple of minor issues in a local copy of the source
code. How would I go about contributing these changes back to Jython?
I've never worked on an open-source project before, so bear with me... :-)

Thanks in advance,
Tony Rippy

Re: How do I contribute?

Leo User
This Im curious about as well.  With leo, send to
Edward.  With the peabody project you have to write
some unit tests showing how your work affects things.
Id assume with Jython they'd want some unit tests with
a patch, but maybe Im wrong. :)

leouser

--- Tony Rippy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am a developer working on software built on top of
> Jython 2.2a. I have
> found and fixed a couple of minor issues in a local
> copy of the source
> code. How would I go about contributing these
> changes back to Jython?
> I've never worked on an open-source project before,
> so bear with me... :-)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Tony Rippy

> groundbreaking scripting language
> that extends applications into web and mobile media.
> Attend the live webcast
> and join the prime developer group breaking into
> this new coding territory!

Re: How do I contribute?

Khalid Zuberi
On 3/31/06, Tony Rippy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am a developer working on software built on top of Jython 2.2a. I have
> found and fixed a couple of minor issues in a local copy of the source
> code. How would I go about contributing these changes back to Jython?
> I've never worked on an open-source project before, so bear with me... :-)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Tony Rippy

Tony, you could probably just post the changes to the jython patch tracker:

along with a brief test script. You might also want to post a link to
your patch submission to the dev list if you want to solicit some
feedback.

I guess jython could use a patch-submission guide similar to:

  http://www.python.org/dev/patches/

- kz

Re: How do I contribute?

Tony Rippy
Dear Khalid,

Thank you very much! I'll put a patch together and post it up.

- Tony