Quantcast

How to execute buffer to iPython?

Pedro Kroger
Hi,

How can I execute a buffer (with C-c C-c) to an iPython shell? (that was opened with M-x ipython)

I'm using python-mode from the repository (revision 823) and GNU Emacs 24.0.93.1 on a Mac Os.
I tried to set python-python-command to "/usr/local/bin/ipython" but it didn't work.

I used to be able to do this, so maybe there's something that I'm missing.

Thanks,

Pedro

--
http://pedrokroger.net

Re: How to execute buffer to iPython?

Andreas Röhler-2
Am 07.02.2012 02:00, schrieb Pedro Kroger:
> Hi,
>
> How can I execute a buffer (with C-c C-c) to an iPython shell? (that was opened with M-x ipython)

Hi,

doing M-x ipython first should not be a requireness, whilst in fact it
is, as the first time execution might fail - afterwards python-mode
opened that shell silently.

When ipython is set as py-shell-name and a different shebang doesn't
interfere, C-c C-c should work as expected.

When checking this, see it has a bug.

Will look for a fix, thanks pointing to that,

> I'm using python-mode from the repository (revision 823) and GNU Emacs 24.0.93.1 on a Mac Os.
> I tried to set python-python-command to "/usr/local/bin/ipython" but it didn't work.

will remove that python-python-command as being redundant with
py-shell-name

Andreas