How to implement a webhook URL and authenticated pages separately in a CherryPy app?

How to implement a webhook URL and authenticated pages separately in a CherryPy app?

ARN NN
Hi,

I'm using CherryPy at work to build a demo web-app (still relatively new to Cherrypy).
I have a specific functionality I need to implement.

The web app has two parts :
 1 - A front end that end-users interact with. It  has several dynamically generated pages.
 2 - A URL which accepts a webhook (JSON) from a another application as an HTTP or HTTPS POST.

We need the user facing pages to have authentication enabled (LDAP/AD or SSO) while the part that accepts the webhook should be open.
How can this be implmented in CherryPy ?
Are there any existing examples of this ?

Thanks in advance.
Rann

Re: How to implement a webhook URL and authenticated pages separately in a CherryPy app?

Sviatoslav Sydorenko (@webknjaz)
Hi,

Enable it where you need a shield, disable for a webhook handler.

нд, 26 серп. 2018 о 06:47 ARN NN <[hidden email]> пише:
Hi,

I'm using CherryPy at work to build a demo web-app (still relatively new to Cherrypy).
I have a specific functionality I need to implement.

The web app has two parts :
 1 - A front end that end-users interact with. It  has several dynamically generated pages.
 2 - A URL which accepts a webhook (JSON) from a another application as an HTTP or HTTPS POST.

We need the user facing pages to have authentication enabled (LDAP/AD or SSO) while the part that accepts the webhook should be open.
How can this be implmented in CherryPy ?
Are there any existing examples of this ?

Thanks in advance.
Rann

Sviatoslav.

Re: How to implement a webhook URL and authenticated pages separately in a CherryPy app?

ARN NN
Thank you, I'll look into per-request functions.
I have a related question after going though some Cherrypy docs :
Can my requirement be implemented by mounting different apps (objects) on a Cherrypy instance and having a separate configuration for the apps ?

For reference :
http://docs.cherrypy.org/en/latest/basics.html#multiple-applications
http://docs.cherrypy.org/en/latest/basics.html#per-application-configuration

On Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 5:03:25 PM UTC-7, Sviatoslav Sydorenko (@webknjaz) wrote:
Hi,

You need a tool. Docs here: <a href="http://docs.cherrypy.org/en/latest/extend.html#per-request-functions" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fdocs.cherrypy.org%2Fen%2Flatest%2Fextend.html%23per-request-functions\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGdIFYKoW-EgLH7gpi4KdwDU1ueTw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fdocs.cherrypy.org%2Fen%2Flatest%2Fextend.html%23per-request-functions\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGdIFYKoW-EgLH7gpi4KdwDU1ueTw&#39;;return true;">http://docs.cherrypy.org/en/latest/extend.html#per-request-functions
Enable it where you need a shield, disable for a webhook handler.

нд, 26 серп. 2018 о 06:47 ARN NN <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="6sINlNtiAwAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">arn....@...> пише:
Hi,

I'm using CherryPy at work to build a demo web-app (still relatively new to Cherrypy).
I have a specific functionality I need to implement.

The web app has two parts :
 1 - A front end that end-users interact with. It  has several dynamically generated pages.
 2 - A URL which accepts a webhook (JSON) from a another application as an HTTP or HTTPS POST.

We need the user facing pages to have authentication enabled (LDAP/AD or SSO) while the part that accepts the webhook should be open.
How can this be implmented in CherryPy ?
Are there any existing examples of this ?

Thanks in advance.
Rann

Sviatoslav.

Re: How to implement a webhook URL and authenticated pages separately in a CherryPy app?

Sviatoslav Sydorenko (@webknjaz)
Yes, you can enable it in only one app config.
пн, 27 серп. 2018 о 06:12 ARN NN <[hidden email]> пише: