How to inverse a particle emitter

stephenppraneel7@gmail.com
hey, i really need help, im a straight up beginner in scripting and i need to figure out how to make an inverted particle emitter using python in maya

How to inverse a particle emitter

Rob Gaddi
On Thu, 04 Jun 2015 16:15:20 -0700, stephenppraneel7 wrote:

> hey, i really need help, im a straight up beginner in scripting and i
> need to figure out how to make an inverted particle emitter using python
> in maya

This is why we can't have nice large hadron colliders.

Email address domain is currently out of order.  See above to fix.

How to inverse a particle emitter

Ian Kelly-2
On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 5:15 PM,  <stephenppraneel7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey, i really need help, im a straight up beginner in scripting and i need to figure out how to make an inverted particle emitter using python in maya

No idea. This sounds more like a Maya question than a Python question.
Maybe there is a Maya forum that would be a better place to direct
this question.

On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 4:15:29 PM UTC-7, stephenp... at gmail.com wrote:
> hey, i really need help, im a straight up beginner in scripting and i need to figure out how to make an inverted particle emitter using python in maya

unfortunitly i have to make this using python not mel

How to inverse a particle emitter

Gary Herron-3
On 06/04/2015 04:15 PM, stephenppraneel7 at gmail.com wrote:
> hey, i really need help, im a straight up beginner in scripting and i need to figure out how to make an inverted particle emitter using python in maya

Python is a programming language.
Maya is a modeling and animation application (or a Mesoamerican
civilization).
An "inverted particle emitter" sounds like something you'd build in your
backyard.

You are going to have to put in a *LOT* more time explaining how those
three are connected in one project.

In truth, I can kind of guess what you want, (although I have no idea
what "inverse" has to do with anything), but I won't waste my time doing
so.  If you take the time to carefully explain what you want, then I'm
sure you will find plenty of people here who will take the time to
answer you.

Gary Herron

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 5:47 PM,  <stephenppraneel7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 4:15:29 PM UTC-7, stephenp... at gmail.com wrote:
>> hey, i really need help, im a straight up beginner in scripting and i need to figure out how to make an inverted particle emitter using python in maya
>
> unfortunitly i have to make this using python not mel

I'm sorry if I come across as dismissive, but as I stated before this
is not the place to be looking for expertise on Maya scripting,
regardless of what language you might happen to be using. A little bit
of googling turns up several useful-looking tutorials:

http://www.maya-python.com/
http://zurbrigg.com/maya-python/category/beginning-python-for-maya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXFGeZZbMzQ

as well as a web forum which looks to be quite active:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/python_inside_maya

How to inverse a particle emitter

Michael Torrie
On 06/04/2015 05:47 PM, stephenppraneel7 at gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 4:15:29 PM UTC-7, stephenp... at gmail.com wrote:
>> hey, i really need help, im a straight up beginner in scripting and i need to figure out how to make an inverted particle emitter using python in maya
>
> unfortunitly i have to make this using python not mel

Well, how would you do it in mel?  Perhaps you could then do it
similarly in Python.  But I suggest that before you can do anything in
Python you have to learn the language a little bit.  You should be able
to read Python code, for example, and tell what it does.  And know how
to implement basic algorithms (loops, if/then, variables, etc).

How to inverse a particle emitter

Laura Creighton-2
In a message of Thu, 04 Jun 2015 16:15:20 -0700, stephenppraneel7 at gmail.com wri
tes:
>hey, i really need help, im a straight up beginner in scripting and i need to figure out how to make an inverted particle emitter using python in maya

Laura

How to inverse a particle emitter

Grant Edwards-7
On 2015-06-04, stephenppraneel7 at gmail.com <stephenppraneel7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> hey, i really need help, im a straight up beginner in scripting and i
> need to figure out how to make an inverted particle emitter using
> python in maya

1) Build a particle emitter

2) Turn it upside down

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! HELLO, everybody,
                                  at               I'm a HUMAN!!
                              gmail.com

How to inverse a particle emitter

alister
On Thu, 04 Jun 2015 16:15:20 -0700, stephenppraneel7 wrote:

> hey, i really need help, im a straight up beginner in scripting and i
> need to figure out how to make an inverted particle emitter using python
> in maya

Some very goo pointers from the Python team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNfGyIW7aHM

--
"When in doubt, print 'em out."
-- Karl's Programming Proverb 0x7

How to inverse a particle emitter

Chris Angelico
On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 10:10 AM, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>         That is in the same class as the "lunar lander" game on my college
> mainframe...
>
>         It did not do validity checking of inputs, with the result that one
> could do
>
> -10 lbs thrust at 180 degrees
>
> and GAIN fuel while decelerating.

Hah! The version I played didn't allow you to specify 180 degrees,
although it did allow negative burns. So you could tweak your fuel
supply by careful negative burning, but it required some balancing
work to actually come to a safe landing.

Of course, if you wanted to just quit out in a hurry, all you have to
do is a straight-down burn of -9999999, and bam, you're on the ground,
with a Captain Haddock style of "We shall end up by arriving, I
suppose".

ChrisA

How to inverse a particle emitter

Denis McMahon
On Thu, 04 Jun 2015 16:15:20 -0700, stephenppraneel7 wrote:

> hey, i really need help, im a straight up beginner in scripting and i
> need to figure out how to make an inverted particle emitter using python
> in maya

An emitter of inverted particles? Or an inverted emitter?

Or an absorber / accepter / receiver of emitted particles?

I'm not quite sure what an inverted particle emitter is, but I don't
think you can create one in software, you need lots of volts and magnets.

If you're trying to model some physical device using python as a
scripting language inside some simulation environment, then the best
place to look is probably forums dedicated to that simulation environment.

Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon at gmail.com