How to pretty mathematical formulas in Python? Similar to Mathematica formats.

How to pretty mathematical formulas in Python? Similar to Mathematica formats.

Sebastian M Cheung
How to pretty mathematical formulas in Python? Similar to Mathematica formats.

Are there good packages to prettify mathematica formulas in Python?

How to pretty mathematical formulas in Python? Similar to Mathematica formats.

random832@fastmail.us
On Thu, Jun 11, 2015, at 14:32, Sebastian M Cheung via Python-list
wrote:
> How to pretty mathematical formulas in Python? Similar to Mathematica
> formats.
>
> Are there good packages to prettify mathematica formulas in Python?

>From a google search, apparently matplotlib has a module called mathtext
which uses a subset of LaTeX.

http://matplotlib.org/api/mathtext_api.html

Of course, you've got to put your formula in LaTeX format... which is
the same format used on Stack Exchange and Wikipedia, so you should be
able to find plenty of resources to learn about it.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015, at 14:54, random832 at fastmail.us wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015, at 14:32, Sebastian M Cheung via Python-list
> wrote:
> > How to pretty mathematical formulas in Python? Similar to Mathematica
> > formats.
> >
> > Are there good packages to prettify mathematica formulas in Python?
>
> From a google search, apparently matplotlib has a module called mathtext
> which uses a subset of LaTeX.
>
> http://matplotlib.org/api/mathtext_api.html
>
> Of course, you've got to put your formula in LaTeX format... which is
> the same format used on Stack Exchange and Wikipedia, so you should be
> able to find plenty of resources to learn about it.

I found another page on matplotlib's site with examples:
http://matplotlib.org/users/mathtext.html

How to pretty mathematical formulas in Python? Similar to Mathematica formats.

TheSeeker

Sympy (http://www.sympy.org/en/index.html) has some capabilities to pretty-print mathematics.

Duane

On Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 7:33:12 PM UTC+1, Sebastian M Cheung wrote:
> How to pretty mathematical formulas in Python? Similar to Mathematica formats.
>
> Are there good packages to prettify mathematica formulas in Python?

Thanks Pythonistas