How to programatically check if the ipython notebook is installed and working?

How to programatically check if the ipython notebook is installed and working?

Jason Moore
Is there an easy way to check if the ipython notebook is installed? I know how to check if IPython is installed (try: import IPython) but not quite sure how to check if the notebook is fully installed.

Jason
moorepants.info
+01 530-601-9791

Re: How to programatically check if the ipython notebook is installed and working?

Thomas Kluyver-2
On 20 June 2014 16:29, Jason Moore <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there an easy way to check if the ipython notebook is installed? I know how to check if IPython is installed (try: import IPython) but not quite sure how to check if the notebook is fully installed.

There's no official API to check that, but if you can import IPython.html.notebookapp, you've probably got all the necessary dependencies.

Thomas

Re: How to programatically check if the ipython notebook is installed and working?

Jason Moore
Thanks.

Jason
moorepants.info