Quantcast

How to serve static compressed files

yota
Hello,

I need, for my application, to serve some svg and json files, they are served statically and because I also need to reduce their size I would like to store them already compressed.
The good news is that firefox support both brotli and gzip for http compression, since the first one is really efficient (more than lzip, gzip or xz with max setting), I plan to brotli-compress all my files and save disk and bandwidth by serving them as this, with only one decompression made at the end. Is is even possible ? and how could I do this with cherrypy ? Or may be with gzip ?

Sincerely,